If you even remotely like candy corn you will need to make this hot “chocolate” because well…candy corn as hot chocolate. I first got the idea when I saw candy corn hot chocolate on Pinterest, but when I clicked through I was a sad panda. Not because it was a bad link but because while it said it was candy corn hot chocolate what it really just candy corn colored hot chocolate…no candy corn to be found. Boo (pun intended).
So that meant I was going to have to make it. I’ve made candy corn tres leches cake (in honor of me not being a best blog) and candy corn ice cream so I figure I would just use the same method. It worked. Well. 🙂
Now before you are saying candy corn already? Yes, candy corn already! Yes Halloween candy already. Why fight large bags of mini versions of your favorite candy? You can eat more of them because they are small…it’s the best. And candy corn is one of the better Halloween candies because it helps you self-regulate by being so sweet that you can only eat so much. 😀
So embrace the fact that candy corn and Halloween candy are out. Or at least bookmark this and make it in October.
- 1 cup candy corn
- 4 cups half and half, divided
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup white chocolate, finely chopped
- Marshmallows (ghost ones) and/or Whipped Cream for garnish
- Place candy corn and 2 cups half and half in an airtight container. Let sit for 8 hours or better yet overnight. Every couple hours shake the container. It will be ready when all the candy corn has disintegrated.
- Strain any stray candy corn bits out of the mixture.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine the white chocolate and heavy whipping cream and whisk until white chocolate melts and mixture is smooth.
- Add the half and half and the candy corn half and half. Stir until heated all the way through.
- Pour into mugs and top with marshmallows or whipped cream…or both.
- Serves 4.