This Blueberry Lemon Dump Cake is super easy to make using blueberry pie filling,tangy lemon curd, yellow cake mix, and butter.
I thought I would go for a super easy dessert today for summer dessert week.
If you are not familiar with dump cake you literally dump the ingredients in and bake it.
This one requires a little mixing of the blueberry pie filling and lemon curd together but other than that the rest is dumping.
I’m not sure who invented dump cake but I have a strong feeling it was someone moving and trying to clean out their cupboards. 😀
I went back and forth on whether to use lemon cake mix or yellow cake mix.
For me I went with yellow.
Because I didn’t have lemon and I didn’t feel like sending my hubby to the store just for one box of cake mix.
But if you want more lemon flavor to this I say go for the lemon cake mix.
I just use store bought lemon curd but if you like to make your own feel free to do that as well.
Yes, it really is a cup of melted butter.
You need that to help make the crunchy top.
Welcome to the 4th Annual #SummerDessertWeek event hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife. We’re celebrating all things summer with a week-long event that is absolutely filled with some of the best summer dessert recipes! Follow the hashtag #SummerDessertWeek on social media to find recipes and make sure to check out the bottom of this post for even more summer desserts!
Check out the amazing #SummerDessertWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
Ice Cream & Chilled Desserts:
- Caramelized Pineapple No-Churn Ice Cream from Love and Confections
- Chocolate Covered Frozen Strawberries from Our Sutton Place
- Coffee Panna Cotta from Pastry Chef Online
- Strawberry Margarita Popsicles from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Pineapple-Orange Sherbet Popsicles from Palatable Pastime
- Strawberry Rhubarb Ice Pops from Jolene’s Recipe Journal
Sweet Summertime Cakes and Cupcakes:
- Southern Pineapple Sunshine Cake from Big Bear’s Wife
- Strawberries and Cream Cupcakes from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Strawberry Pound Cake from Savory Experiments
- Blueberry Lemon Dump Cake from Sweet ReciPEAs
- Key Lime Sheet Cake from It’s Shanaka
No Bake Treats:
- Fruity Watermelon Pizza from Blogghetti
- Chocolate Chess Pie from Back To My Southern Roots
- Bourbon Peach Empanadas from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Rhubarb Thumbprints from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Easy Caramel Banana Sauce from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
Want More Dump Cake Recipes?
- 1 box Yellow (or Lemon) Cake Mix
- 2 cans (21 ounces each can) blueberry pie filling
- 1 cup lemon curd
- 8oz (1 cup) unsalted butter, melted
- Heat oven to 350F.
- Spray a 9×13 inch pan with baking spray.
- Dump the two cans of blueberry pie mix and lemon curd into the pan. Mix in the pan until combined.
- Spread with a spatula to make even.
- Sprinkle cake mix over the blueberry mixture, doing your best to evenly distribute the mix.
- Pour butter evenly as best you can over the cake mix.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- You can serve dump cake warm or cold. I prefer mine warm for dessert and cold for breakfast. 🙂
- Serve with ice cream or whipped cream for extra yumminess