Peach Pie Fudge: Creamy white chocolate based fudge flavored with freeze dried peaches, peach pie flavoring all topped with a buttery crumble topping.
This post and recipe was created for #SummerDessertWeek! I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies but as always opinions, bad grammar, and overuse of emojis are 100% mine.
In this post I used Dixie Crystals granulated sugar. I got great results with the product that they sent me. While no money was given for this post I did receive free product.
Since I am known for my unique fudge flavors, Swedish Fish Fudge anyone, I thought I would make a fudge for #SummerDessertWeek.
I’ve been wanting to make a fudge with a crumble topping for awhile.
Almost made an apple one this past fall but was lazy and never got around to it. 🙂
But now that I have made this fudge totally expect to see an apple version this fall. 🙂
This fudge does require a few special ingredients that most people don’t have on hand.
First is a peach pie extract/flavoring.
You can use just a peach flavoring but even that is hard to find sometimes.
There is a link in the recipe to use the one I used.
The other ingredient is freeze dried peaches.
I linked to a peach powder which works just as good as the recipe has you turn the freeze dried peaches into a powder.
If you have never used freeze dried fruit I use it often on the blog and it works so well for so many recipes.
Keys to Successful Fudge:
- Have a thermometer. I don’t like the old fashioned ones that you clip to the side. Those never work for me. I like digital and use this one.
- Use Baker’s sugar. Also known as caster or superfine sugar. I don’t always follow my own rule because I don’t always have it on hand but it makes for a less gritty fudge. If you don’t have it you can run the sugar through a dry blender or food processor to make it superfine.
- Use good butter. Preferably European. They higher the butterfat content the better. Cheaper butter often has too much water in it and will cause your fudge to separate.
- Same goes for your chocolate. The cheaper the chocolate the more likely it is to separate. If using chips I tend to use Guittard. And when making extra special fudge I used TCHO
- Strawberry Siren Shake from A Blender Mom
- Funfetti Ice Cream Sandwiches from Family Around the Table
- Ice Cream Waffle Sandwiches from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Red, White & Blue Funfetti Ice Cream from Books n’ Cooks
- No-Bake Mermaid Cake from Nik Snacks
- Mermaid Ice Cream Cone Cakes from Eat Move Make
- Lemon Cupcakes from The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Strawberry Buttercream Cake with Blueberry Lemonade Ganache from 4 Sons R Us
- Blackberry Lemon Yogurt Cake from Sweet Beginnings
- Frozen Chocolate Chip Dessert from Who Needs A Cape?
- Sprinkle Filled Birthday Cookie Dough Dip from Cooking With Carlee
- Candy Dipped Fruit Cones from Blogghetti
- Mermaid Cakesicles from Big Bear’s Wife
- Strawberry Lemonade Bars from Jen Around the World
- Amaretto Cheesecake from The Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine
- Lemon Blueberry Scones from The Beard and The Baker
- Key Lime Pie Donuts from Daily Dish Recipes
- Lemon Bar Cheesecake from Fake Ginger
- Blueberry Banana Pretzel Bars from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- New York Style Cheesecake from Back To My Southern Roots
- Cheesecake with Key Lime Stars and Orange Cream Mermaids from Our Good Life
- Indian Rice Pudding from Palatable Pastime
- Key Lime Thumbprint Cookies from The Domestic Kitchen
- Brown Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies from Doughmesstic
- Chocolate Swirl Meringues from My Sweet Zepol
- Sweet Corn Cookies from The Spiffy Cookie
- Peach Pie Fudge from Sweet ReciPEAs
- Blackberry Spritzer from My Baking Heart
- For the Crumb Topping:
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- For the Fudge:
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 oz. unsalted butter
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup freeze dried peaches, crushed into a powder
- 4 drops of peach pie flavoring
- 7-ounce jar marshmallow crème
- For the topping:
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In another small bowl, mix topping ingredients with fork until crumbly.
- Spread on to a baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Toss with a spatula to see if crispy, if not put in oven for a few more minutes.
- Set aside to cool while you make fudge.
- For the Fudge:
- Line an 8×8 inch pan with parchment with an overhang so you can lift the fudge out later and coat with baking spray.
- Combine sugar, butter, and heavy cream into a large heavy bottomed sauce pan and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Once boiling, attach a candy thermometer and reduce the heat to a hair above medium low and cook for 7-10 minutes until your thermometer reads 234°F (soft ball stage) , stirring constantly.
- Once you reach 234F remove from heat and add the white chocolate chips, stirring vigorously with a wooden spoon until the chocolate has melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Add the peach pie flavoring, powdered peaches, and marshmallow crème and mix until well blended.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Sprinkle top of fudge with crumb topping. Push slightly down on the candy so that it sticks to the fudge.
- Let cool to room temperature.
- Then lift out of the pan and onto a cutting board.
- Cut into whatever amount you want.
Welcome to the 3rd Annual #SummerDessertWeek event hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife. This week-long summer time event is filled with some down right amazing sweet recipes from fantastic bloggers and we’ve got some great giveaways from our generous sponsors for y’all too!! We can’t wait to share all of these summer-themed desserts with you and celebrate sweet, sweet summertime all week long!
Dixie Crystals is giving away one (1)Keurig® K-Select® Coffee Maker
Prize #2 — Adam’s Extract is giving away – 1 Gift Pack – including Adams Poundcake Kit, Adams Best, Adams Lemon Extract, Adams Natural Food Color, and Adams Cinnamon Sugar
Prize #3 —Wilton is giving away a Wilton Gift Pack – including – Bake and Bring Geometric Print Non-Stick 13 x 9 -inch Oblong Pan, Bake and Bring Geometric Print Non-Stick 8-inch Square Cake Pan, Bake and Bring Geometric Print Non-Stick 8-inch Round Cake Pan, Peach Cobbler Candy Melts Candy, Blueberry Lemonade Candy Melts Candy, Orange Crème Candy Melts Candy, Key Lime Pie Decorating Icing Pouch with Tips, Orange Crème Decorating Icing Pouch with Tips, Pop Art Triangle and Solid Cupcake Liners, Geometric Print and Solid Green Cupcake Liners, Balloon Dog Icing Decorations, Assorted Brights and Pastels Sprinkles, Blue Sprinkles Tackle Box, Coral Sprinkles Tackle Box, DIY-Lish Mermaid Kit, DIY-Lish Candy Lollipop Kit and Disposable Decorating Bags with 1M Tips
Prize #4 — Sweets & Treats Boutique is giving away 1 (one) baking supply box including an assortment of sprinkles and cupcake liners as well as one of Love From The Oven’s recent cookbooks!