This Swedish Fish Fudge is a white chocolate based fudge flavored with Swedish Fish flavoring and topped with mini Swedish Fish.
It’s no secret that I have a thing for Swedish Fish.
I often joke that I would like a statue of me made out of Swedish Fish.
While Red is the most popular (and the flavor I use here), it’s actually the green that are my favorite.
But since the red are my second favorite and that’s the one that most people love I went with that.
I was challenged to make this by a reader…who was shocked with all my fudge making that I had not made a Swedish Fish fudge.
I originally was going to soak the cream with Swedish Fish until I found flavoring that taste just like it.
You will need the flavoring for the fudge.
If you don’t you can take the heavy cream (I would add a little more than what the recipe calls for and measure after) and heat it up…add Swedish Fish, turn off heat, and let steep for 30 minutes.
Then strain out the fish and use the cream in the fudge.
I wasn’t really sure how this fudge would go over to be honest.
I had made 7 varieties and thought for sure it would be the Swedish Fish that would come back hardly touched.
This was the hands down winner and clearly, there are a lot of Swedish Fish fans out there in the world.
So now I can have a statue of me made from Swedish Fish…or this fudge. 🙂
P.S. It’s a great day to buy my cookbook Holy Sweet!
Want More Fudge Recipes?
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 oz. unsalted butter
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- 4 drops of Swedish Gummy Flavoring (see below recipe for where to buy)
- 7-ounce jar marshmallow crème
- Mini Swedish Fish for garnish
- pink food gel
- Line an 8×8 inch pan with parchment with an overhang so you can lift the fudge out later and coat with baking spray.
- Combine sugar, butter, and heavy cream into a large heavy bottomed sauce pan and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Once boiling, attach a candy thermometer and reduce the heat to a hair above medium low and cook for 7-10 minutes until your thermometer reads 234°F (soft ball stage) , stirring constantly.
- Once you reach 234F remove from heat and add the white chocolate chips, stirring vigorously with a wooden spoon until the chocolate has melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Add the Swedish Gummy flavoring, pink food gel, and marshmallow crème and mix until well blended.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Top with mini Swedish Fish. Push slightly down on the candy so that it sticks to the fudge.
- Let cool to room temperature. Then lift out of the pan and onto a cutting board. Cut into whatever amount you want.
Buy Swedish Gummy flavoring here