Glazed Donut Strawberry Shortcake Boozy Milkshake: Over the top milkshake made with fresh strawberries, glazed donuts, vanilla ice cream, Strawberries and cream liqueur and vodka.
This post and recipe was created for #SummerDessertWeek! I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies but as always opinions, bad grammar, and overuse of emojis are 100% mine.
In this post I used Dixie Crystals granulated sugar. I got great results with the product that they sent me. While no money was given for this post I did receive free product.
I also used Wilton Coral Sprinkles Tackle Box which was one of the many cute things Wilton sent over for free.
“This post and recipe was created for #SummerDessertWeek! This recipe is for adults 21 and older and does contain alcohol.”
What do you make when #SummerDessertWeek and #TipsyTuesday are on the same day?
Why, a boozy milkshake is what.
And not just any old milkshake.
But a milkshake with donuts in it.
That’s right, I put glazed donuts in my milkshake.
Way back in 2014 for my honeymoon my husband and I went to Vegas.
He had never been before and had a conference there so I tagged along.
We weren’t vegetarians back then so it was our mission to find the best burger.
And where there are burgers there are milkshakes.
Since it’s Vegas they always had the option to make it a boozy milkshake.
At one of the places they had a glazed donut milkshake that was beyond yummy and I swore I would come on the blog and remake it and never did.
When I make shortcake, I used glazed donuts instead.
I highly recommend making them that way.
I also highly recommend throwing strawberries, booze, and glazed donuts in with some cream and ice cream and making this shake.
If you can’t find Strawberry Shortcake Vodka just use strawberry vodka.
Want more intense strawberry flavor?
Make your milkshake with strawberry ice cream instead of vanilla.Check out the amazing #SummerDessertWeek recipes from our bloggers today! Ice Cream Recipes:
- No Churn Chocolate Dipped Waffle Cone Ice Cream from Big Bear’s Wife
- Cotton Candy Ice Cream from Jen Around the World
- Brownie Bottom Neapolitan Ice Cream Cake from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Strawberry Ice Cream from Family Around the Table
- No Churn Dairy Free Vanilla Ice Cream from Home Sweet Homestead
- S’Mores Popsicles from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Glazed Donut Strawberry Shortcake Boozy Milkshake from Sweet ReciPEAS
- No-Churn Caramel Fudge Crunch Ice Cream from Palatable Pastime
- Blueberry Lemon Cupcakes from Daily Dish Recipes
- Whipping Cream Pound Cake from Pastry Chef Online
- Blueberry Lemonade Mermaid Cupcakes from The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Lemon Popsicle Cupcakes from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Orange Creamsicle Cupcakes from 4 Sons R Us
- Lemon Blueberry Cake from Back To My Southern Roots
- Peach Pie Scones with Maple Glaze from Sweet Beginnings
- Lemon Lime Cheesecake from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Blackberry Crumble Bars from Creative Southern Home
- Creamsicle Cake Bars from My Sweet Zepol
- Orange Cream Dipped Cookies from Cookaholic Wife
- Rock Candy from The Domestic Kitchen
- Bomb Pop Jello Shots from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1/4 cup Strawberries and Cream Liqueur (such as Bailey's)
- 1/4 cup Strawberry Shortcake Vodka (or strawberry vodka)
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream (you can use milk but cream makes thicker shake)
- 1 large glazed donut or three mini glazed donuts
- 1 cup fresh or frozen strawberries
- Whipped Cream (garnish)
- sprinkles (I used Wilton)
- Place all the ingredients except the garnish whipped cream and sprinkles into a blender.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- If too thick, thin with more cream or booze. If too thin add a little more ice cream.
- Garnish with whipped cream and sprinkles. Add a mini donut and a berry if desired.
Welcome to the 3rd Annual #SummerDessertWeek event hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife. This week-long summer time event is filled with some down right amazing sweet recipes from fantastic bloggers and we’ve got some great giveaways from our generous sponsors for y’all too!! We can’t wait to share all of these summer-themed desserts with you and celebrate sweet, sweet summertime all week long!
Dixie Crystals is giving away one (1)Keurig® K-Select® Coffee Maker
Prize #2 — Adam’s Extract is giving away – 1 Gift Pack – including Adams Poundcake Kit, Adams Best, Adams Lemon Extract, Adams Natural Food Color, and Adams Cinnamon Sugar
Prize #3 —Wilton is giving away a Wilton Gift Pack – including – Bake and Bring Geometric Print Non-Stick 13 x 9 -inch Oblong Pan, Bake and Bring Geometric Print Non-Stick 8-inch Square Cake Pan, Bake and Bring Geometric Print Non-Stick 8-inch Round Cake Pan, Peach Cobbler Candy Melts Candy, Blueberry Lemonade Candy Melts Candy, Orange Crème Candy Melts Candy, Key Lime Pie Decorating Icing Pouch with Tips, Orange Crème Decorating Icing Pouch with Tips, Pop Art Triangle and Solid Cupcake Liners, Geometric Print and Solid Green Cupcake Liners, Balloon Dog Icing Decorations, Assorted Brights and Pastels Sprinkles, Blue Sprinkles Tackle Box, Coral Sprinkles Tackle Box, DIY-Lish Mermaid Kit, DIY-Lish Candy Lollipop Kit and Disposable Decorating Bags with 1M Tips
Prize #4 — Sweets & Treats Boutique is giving away 1 (one) baking supply box including an assortment of sprinkles and cupcake liners as well as one of Love From The Oven’s recent cookbooks!