This Baileys Frozen Tiramisu Cheesecake is an easy to make, elegant looking dessert that is perfect year round but especially St. Paddy’s Day.
BAILEYS® Coffee Creamers is in search for America’s Best St. Patrick’s Day City and has chosen a blogger from Boston, Chicago, New York, San Francisco, Savannah, and of course Seattle to represent their city!
You may not be thinking of Seattle when you think St. Patrick’s Day.
But you should as we do it up right.
We have Parades, St. Paddy’s Dashes, Irish Soda Bread Contest, Irish Film Festival, Pub Runs, Scavenger Hunt and of course the laying of the Green Stripe on 4th Ave.
To learn all about these activities go here.
To learn more about what I made with BAILEYS® Coffee Creamers Original Irish Cream just keep reading.
So it’s pretty much a no brainer when you think Seattle you think coffee.
Coffee creamer and coffee pretty much go hand in hand so clearly on that point alone our city should win!
To represent Seattle, I chose a dessert that has coffee in it.
My favorite dessert with coffee in it is hands down tiramisu.
But I also love cheesecake.
So I decided to combine the two…in frozen form.
One thing Seattle is also big on is making sure we use local ingredients, which are usually organic.
For this recipe I went full on Seattle hippie and made my own cream cheese using local dairy.
I of course do not figure on you making your own cream cheese, but know that it is super easy and you can learn how to do it here.
I also used local coffee from Stumptown, chocolate, and my garnish of chocolate covered espresso beans are from local chocolatier (Theo and Dilettante).
If you are seeing the word BAILEYS® and thinking I don’t drink, no worries there.
All BAILEYS® Coffee Creamers are 100% alcohol free and coming in an amazingly array of flavors, though for this dessert I went with the BAILEYS® Coffee Creamer Original Irish Crème Flavor because that said St. Patrick’s Day the most to me.
This dessert is easy to make (well if you don’t make your own cream cheese 😀 ), full of BAILEYS® flavor, and has quite the wow factor to impress your St. Patrick’s Day guest.
If you would like to vote for Seattle as best city to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day in…head over to the BAILEYS® Coffee Creamers website and cast your vote. (This was years ago and has ended).
If you do you have a chance to win a trip to the city that is voted America’s Best St. Patrick’s Day City!
Want More Tiramisu Recipes?
Coconut Mocha Tiramisu Cupcake
Baileys Frozen Tiramisu Cheesecake
- 2 (3 oz) packages ladyfingers (about 24 cookies) (you want soft ones so that you can bend them)
- Chocolate Ganache
- Whipped Cream
- Chocolate Covered Espresso Beans (garnish)
- For the Cheesecake Filling:
- 2 TBSP coffee
- 4 TBSP BAILEYS® Coffee Creamer Original Irish Crème Flavor (you can use Baileys Irish Cream instead)
- 1 envelope (about 2 ¼ tsp) unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup BAILEYS® Coffee Creamer Original Irish Crème Flavor (you can use Baileys Irish Cream instead)
- 5 oz. white chocolate, chopped
- 5 oz. milk chocolate, chopped
- 1 tsp. powdered coffee
- 16 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
- 8oz. Mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- For the ganache:
- 8 oz. semisweet chocolate, chopped
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup BAILEYS® Coffee Creamer Original Irish Crème Flavor (you can use Baileys Irish Cream instead)
- For the whipped cream:
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 TBSP ganache
- Using two 4 ½-inch diameter Springform pans line the sides and bottom of the pans with lady fingers.
- The sides will be easy, the bottom you will need to fill in the holes with broken pieces of ladyfingers. Just press it all together with a spoon or even your hands as once the filling is added it will weigh it down.
- For the filling:
- In a large bowl, combine the coffee, 4 TBSP coffee creamer, and gelatin; let stand for 2 minutes.
- Bring ½ cup coffee creamer to a simmer in a small saucepan.
- Remove from heat, and add white chocolate, milk chocolate and powdered coffee, stirring until smooth.
- Stir in the gelatin mixtures, and allow to cool.
- In a large bowl (or use a stand mixer), beat cream cheese, mascarpone, and sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until combined.
- Slowly beat cooled white and milk chocolate mixture into the cream cheese mixture.
- In a large bowl, beat remaining cup of cream at high speed with an electric mixer until soft peaks form.
- Fold into white chocolate mixture, and pour into prepared springform pans.
- Cover and freeze overnight.
- To make the ganache:
- Place semisweet chocolate in a small bowl.
- Bring creamer and cream to a boil.
- Pour over the chocolate and let sit for a few minutes.
- Then whisk until smooth.
- To make the whipped cream:
- Using a stand mixer with the whisk attachment beat the cream until stiff peaks form.
- Add 4 TBSP of the ganache and beat until fully combined.
- Garnish with whipped cream, ganache, and chocolate covered espresso beans.
- Cut into wedges with a knife that has been dipped into hot water.
Erin @ The Spiffy Cookie says
Win a trip to Seattle? Don’t mind if I do! I was going to vote for Seattle regardless but now I have even more motivation 😉
Seriously, Peabody? Seriously? It’s like you wrote the recipe specifically for me!!!
I’m part Irish and LOVE St. Patrick’s Day and Bailey’s. Tiramisu, although Italian, is also one of my favorite desserts. I know nothing about Seattle other than what you share, but it is on my bucket list to visit so I’ll vote for it just because of you and this scrumptious looking concoction by you! Sláinte
This is just too yummy!
Medha @ Whisk & Shout says
This cake is adorable! Yum 🙂
Oh my goddness. This looks ahhhMazing! I just love the Bailey’s flavor!
Darlene @ Dip Recipe Creations says
This looks awesome! I love me some Baileys! 🙂 I’m headed to Seattle for the first time at the end of the month. Excited even though I only have a day and a half to play “tourist”.
Aimee @ ShugarySweets says
what a fun recipe!!! And I love coffee creamer!!
We were just in Seattle for the weekend. Storyville Coffee is the BEST – have you been there? This dessert looks fabulous, girl! 🙂
@Sandy- I have not but I saw on your IG that you went there and I was like, hmmm I need to go.
Cookin Canuck says
You outdid yourself with this recipe! A bite of this would convince me of Seattle’s St. Paddy’s Day worthiness in a flash.
Lindsey | Cafe Johnsonia says
Your creativity always blows me away! This looks AMAZING. And I think I need to check out Seattle for St. Patrick’s Day. You’ve convinced me. 🙂
Miss @ Miss in the Kitchen says
This looks insanely amazing! I would totally devour this cheesecake all by myself!
Annamaria @ Bakewell Junction says
What gorgeous dessert. I love tiramisu and, although I’ve never had Baileys Irish Creme, I could eat this in one sitting.
Where do you add the mascarpone cheese? It’s listed in the ingredient list, but I’m not seeing what to do with it in the directions.
J- with the cream cheese