This Thin Mint Oreo Baileys Irish Cream Milkshake has both Oreos and Thin Mint cookies and lots of ice cream and Baileys Irish Cream.
First off, if you didn’t read my last post (I know the cookies were not that exciting looking) please go and at least read the last paragraph. It’s important to me.
And now on to the regularly scheduled post:
There have been a slew of troll action on the food blogs as of late.
I personally just delete it or make fun of them on here but one of them went after a kid blogger which is messed up.
If they get out of control I block their IP address.
This last week a troll had a campaign to email me repeatedly letting me know that how nice it was that I just sit around in my sweats all day eating chocolate and getting drunk.
And one of the times something about sitting around doing my nails.
So let’s address this shall we:
1. If I’m going to be sitting around all day eating something it’s not going to be chocolate.
It’s going to be caramels.
Then I would finish off with Swedish Fish.
Clearly this person does not know me at all.
2. I think most people (and they did tell me on FB) would love to spend their day like that.
That if they weren’t working, sitting around eating chocolate and drinking sounded darn good to them.
One person even told me that if this was truly my life they wanted to be me when they grow up. 😛
3. If women can go out in public in yoga pants everywhere just because they paid $100 for them I can sit in my house in $10 Target sweats.
I’m saving money and I’m not letting people see me in lounge wear.
Don’t worry I upgrade to my good ($15) sweats for public.
4. It is really hard to get drunk on Thin Mint-Oreo Bailey’s Irish Cream Milkshakes (more on that later).
I tried but sadly I failed.
The dog and I will line up shots for later, though she really prefers dark beer. 😀
Also if I’m not in charge of watching children, not driving anywhere, and not talking to anyone important why should it matter if I am drinking at 1pm or at 6pm?
5. Anyone who has seen my nails as of late knows I don’t ever do them.
Since this is apparently my reputation (well to that person) I decided to dedicate a day to living the lifestyle I supposedly live.
Thank goodness they didn’t think my life was boats and hoes or coke and strippers.
I woke up and went to an appointment (I wanted to sleep in but sort of had to go get blood work…boo…maybe a nap later).
Came home and got into my sweats.
Ate a handful of chocolate chips and a few Girl Scout cookies and then it hit me I should make a milkshake…with booze.
Because I’m a drunken lush.
So into the blender at 12:30 in the afternoon went ice cream, Thin Mint Cookies, Double Stuff Oreos, two mini Baileys Mint Irish Cream (I love the mini bottles makes me think I’m on an airplane…don’t worry I know I’m not).
A little milk and I sat my butt down and drank my Thin Mint Oreo Baileys Irish Cream Milkshake.
Because I’m always sitting, except when I’m not.
As you can see from the photo I also chose to wear my slippers.
A ton of people on FB asked about them.
Yes, those are S’mores Slippers.
They were a Christmas gift; I think she got them at Urban Outfitters.
The best part?
They can plug into a USB port and heat your feet.
That’s right toasty S’mores keep my toes toasty!
And yes there is Crazy Cocker Spaniel being sad that she is not getting food.
So later I am going to continue to sit (I’m sitting while I write this).
I’m going to change my nail polish color.
Not doing an ounce of cleaning (this isn’t really a big deviation from real life 😛 ).
Then I’ll get take out and go to bed.
Because that’s how I roll.
Oh and I’ll probably pin a bunch of stuff too (but I do that every day).
Want More Girl Scout Inspired Recipes?
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 100ml (about 3 oz) of Bailey’s Mint Irish Cream (if you are more of a lush than me…add more)
- 4 Thin Mint cookies
- 4 Double Stuffed Oreos
- Milk to thin (this will depend on your preference for thickness of shake. I like a thinner one so that I don’t make that face where your cheeks go all the way in when you suck through the straw because it’s so thick you have to use all you got to suck it up the straw)
- Add to a blender ice cream, booze, cookies, and a splash of milk.
- Turn it on low at first and then build up speed. Add milk as you need to thin it out.
- Pour into a glass.
- Top with whipped cream and more cookies if desired.
- Sit on your butt while drinking it. Eat some chocolate.