This BBQ Pulled Pork Macaroni and Cheese is a meal we eat often in our family. Mac and cheese topped with BBQ pulled pork and topped with melted cheese.
So often at your favorite BBQ place, they offer mac and cheese as a side dish to go with your meal.
I always get a pulled pork sandwich and sometimes my side is mac and cheese.
One day when the two mixed I decided why not just throw them together the next time I make mac and cheese?
So I did.
And boy am I glad I did.
Not only is this BBQ Pulled Pork Macaroni and Cheese popular in our family it’s huge on Pinterest as well.
I didn’t plan on putting this up on the blog.
It was just a weeknight meal.
Yes, it’s another mac and cheese recipe.
But the teens eat mac and cheese so we make a lot of it in a lot of different ways.
Apparently, people want to see those ways according to Instagram when I posted it and the emails that I got asking if I was going to share the recipe.
So I need to get better about realizing that my weekday meals are probably interesting to some people.
Because we are all searching for family meals that everyone will eat.
This is big and it does feed a lot of people.
Or one teenage boy. 🙂
Seriously, where do teenage boys put it all?
It feeds four of us and still had half a pan for my husband to take to work so that his co-workers can love me on Valentine’s Day as well. 🙂
There really isn’t much to say about this.
It’s BBQ pulled pork which in itself is awesome.
I use the crockpot method of doing the pulled pork.
It’s the easiest way and I’m lazy. 🙂
You can choose whatever shape pasta you want but I chose spirals.
I find that the cheese clings to the spiral shape nicely.
Then of course comes the cheese.
That is not only in the macaroni and cheese of course.
But on top of the whole dish as well.
Your pants hate me but your tummy and taste buds love me.
Want more Mac and Cheese recipes?
- 16 ounces prepared pulled pork (I did mine in the crock pot)
- 1 cup BBQ sauce (we used Sweet Baby Ray’s)
- 1 pound of pasta (your choice of shape but keep them short…we went spiral)
- 5 cups three cheese blend (mine was American, Cheddar, and Colby), divided
- 4 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 cups heavy cream
- ¼ cup Panko bread crumbs
- 2 TBSP all-purpose flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Boil up some water in a large stock pot and throw in your pasta and cook it until it’s a dente.
- Drain out the water and scrap up the bits that stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Put the drained pasta back into the stock pan and add the heavy cream and cream cheese.
- Mix until cream cheese melts.
- Add the flour and Panko and stir to incorporate.
- Add 4 cups of the cheese and try to distribute as evenly as possible.
- Pour into a 9x13-inch glass pan that has been coated with oil or butter.
- Bake at 350F for 20 minutes.
- While baking heat the pulled pork up and add the BBQ sauce.
- Remove mac and cheese from oven.
- Add the warm BBQ pulled pork to the top of the mac and cheese.
- Then sprinkle the remaining 1 cup of cheese on top of the pork.
- Put back into oven for another 10 minutes.
- Eat and enjoy.