These Cinnamon Toast Cereal Marshmallow Bars has a cinnamon toast butter blondie with marshmallow and Mini Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal.
I found some Cinnamon Toast Crunch Creamy Cinnamon Spread at the store and made thse Toast Cereal Marshmallow Bars.
Now, when I say I found the spread, my grocery shopper did.
I’ve been doing the online grocery ordering way before the pandemic and even more so then.
During that time I have had some great shoppers and some not great shoppers.
One of those lovely people asked for my phone number.
She text me when she sees something new she thinks I would want for my blog.
One of the things she text me about was the spread.
And I’m so glad she did.
I wasn’t sure what to do with it.
But I had the mini cereal and thought of making a cinnamony take on my Marshmallow Crunch Brownie Bars.
These were a big hit.
As always, the full recipe with measurements & directions can be found at the bottom of this post.
- Cinnamon Toast Crunch Creamy Cinnamon Spread – While this is a speciality item, I have found it in every store I’ve been to. So you should be able to find it.
- Cinnamon Toast Crunch Minis– The minis are a perfect size (similar to the size of Rice Krispies) and therefore work great in cereal bars.
- Self Rising Flour – I use self raising flour, if you use all purpose flour you will need to add 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda and 1/4 teaspoon of salt). Spoon your flour into the measuring cup, then level it with a flat utensil for best results.
- White Chocolate Chips – While I prefer the taste of white chocolate, most of the white chips these days are actually vanilla chip. Both will work.
- Mini Marshmallows – Mini marshmallows work best for these kinds of recipes. If you only can find the larger marshmallows you will need to cut them into fourths.
- Eggs – Use large eggs and make sure they are at room temperature.
Nut butters and cookie spreads all have about the same consistency and so you can make variations of these.
- Peanut Butter – Peanut butter with Reese’s Puff Minis Cereal would be good. Or Cocoa Krispies for a peanut butter chocolate combo.
- Almond Butter –Almond Butter with some Cheerios Oat Crunch Almond Cereal.
- Cookie Butter – Cookie butters such as Speculoos spread would be good with the Cinnamon Toast Crunch Minis or even just plain Rice Krispies.
P.S. It’s a great day to buy my cookbook Holy Sweet!
Want More Bar Recipes?
- For the base:
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ¾ cup Cinnamon Toast Crunch Spread
- 1 ¼ cups granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 large egg yolk at room temperature
- 1½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups self-rising flour
- For the top:
- 7 ounces Mini Marshmallows
- 1 ½ cups white chocolate chips
- 1 cup Cinnamon Toast Crunch Spread
- 1 TBSP unsalted butter
- 1 ½ cups Cinnamon Toast Crunch Mini Cereal
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Spray a 9-x-13-inch baking pan with baking spray.
- Using a stand mixer with the paddle attachment cream together the butter and cinnamon spread until fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add the sugar and beat until smooth.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- Add the flour and beat until well incorporated.
- Spread the batter evenly into pan.
- Bake 25-28 minutes or until cake tester comes out moist with crumbs attached.
- Remove the bars from the oven, and immediately sprinkle the marshmallows over them.
- Return the pan to the oven for 3 more minutes.
- While the bars are baking, place the white chocolate chips, cinnamon spread, and butter in a medium saucepan.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly until melted.
- Remove from heat, add the cereal, and mix well.
- Allow this to cool for 3 minutes or so.
- Spread the mixture evenly over the marshmallow layer.
- Refrigerate until chilled before cutting.
Did you make this recipe? Snap a photo and leave a comment!