Caramel Corn Cheesecake: A creamy caramel cheesecake with a graham cracker and crushed caramel corn crust all topped with more caramel and caramel corn.
This post and recipe was created for #SummerDessertWeek! I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies but as always opinions, bad grammar, and overuse of emojis are 100% mine.
In this post I used Dixie Crystals granulated sugar. I got great results with the product that they sent me. While no money was given for this post I did receive free product.
I’m so excited to be participating in #SummerDessertWeek again.
This is my third year doing it.
What is Summer Dessert Week?
It’s an awesome gathering of bloggers who are featuring fun summer desserts.
We don’t get paid to do it, though we did get many of the same items that are in the giveaway (see bottom of post) sent to us for free.
Why do it if we don’t get paid?
Because it’s fun.
And it forces me to get creative in the middle of summer when let’s face it the baking mojo kind of goes away.
This year I have decided to participate every day and so there will be six new recipes for you this week.
And on top of my recipes there are 45 other bloggers who also have new and fun summer recipes for you (list towards the bottom).
So check those out.
My first dessert is this Caramel Corn Cheesecake.
I always get caramel corn when I go to the ball park and nothing says summer like baseball.
I made a mini cheesecake for myself and my husband because it was just the two of us but the recipe is for a full size cheesecake.
You can make mini cheesecakes by dividing the batter into three 4-1/2 inch springform pans if you prefer.
Reduce the baking time by 15 minutes if you make mini ones.
It’s a simple caramel cheesecake but it’s made special by adding caramel corn to the crust as well as the topping.
Caramel Corn lovers….this is your cheesecake.Check out the amazing #SummerDessertWeek recipes from our bloggers today! Ice Cream Recipes:
- Circus Animal Cookie Ice Cream from Fake Ginger
- No Churn Banana Pudding Ice Cream from Nik Snacks
- Butterscotch Ice Cream from Pastry Chef Online
- Individual Mermaid Ice Cream Treats from Family Around the Table
- Orange Creamsicle Ice Cream Bon Bons from Cooking With Carlee
- Creamy Peach Pie Delight from Who Needs A Cape?
- Key Lime Coconut Pie from Doughmesstic
- Frozen Strawberry Yogurt Pie from Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Mini Fresh Strawberry Pies from Cheese Curds in Paradise
- Cherry Limeade Icebox Pie from Sweet Beginnings
- Coconut Custard Almond Cake from The Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine
- Strawberry Ice Cream Cake from The Beard and The Baker
- Fiesta Lime Cupcakes from My Baking Heart
- Nana’s Strawberry Shortcake Cake from Daily Dish Recipes
- Ice Cream Cone Drip Cake from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Summer Berries Pavlova Cake from Home Sweet Homestead
- Buttermilk Chocolate Cake from Back To My Southern Roots
- Peanut Butter and Chocolate Charlotte A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Mermaid Layer Cake from Love and Confections
- Vanilla Icebox Cake from Books n’ Cooks
- Peach-Basil Coffee Cake from The Spiffy Cookie
- Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes from Cookaholic Wife
- The Perfect Vanilla Cupcake from Our Good Life
- No Bake Lemon Chiffon Dessert from Miss in the Kitchen
- No Bake Berry Cheesecake from Desserts Required
- Pineapple Pretzel Fluff Salad from 4 Sons R Us
- Easy Raspberry Cream Cheese Dessert from Blogghetti
- No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake from Everyday Eileen
- Strawberry Pretzel Salad Dessert from Creative Southern Home
- Sea Shell Beach Cakesicles from Big Bear’s Wife
- Mermaid Splash Cookies from The Domestic Kitchen
- Blueberry Crumble Cheesecake from A Blender Mom
- Cruise Ship Strawberry Crepes from Southern From Scratch
- Blueberry Lemon Cheesecake from Eat Move Make
- Caramel Sticky Pudding Cake from Shockingly Delicious
- Blackberry Roly Poly from Nancie’s Table
- Strawberry Monkey Bread from The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Raspberry Custard Bars with Almond from My Sweet Zepol
- Caramel Corn Cheesecake from Sweet ReciPEAs
- Blackberry Cheesecake with Blackberry Compote from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Easy Mini Fruit Pizzas from Jen Around the World
- Sunflower Cookies from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Orange Creamsicle Chip Cookies from Palatable Pastime
- Viennese Whirls from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Mason Jar Caramel Banana Pudding from For the Love of Food
- For the Crust:
- 3/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup crushed caramel corn
- 2 TBSP granulated sugar (I used Dixie Crystals)
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
- For the Cheesecake:
- 36 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 2/3 cups granulated sugar (I used Dixie Crystals)
- 1/3 cup caramel sauce
- 2 TBSP flour
- 4 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups caramel corn
- caramel sauce as garnish
- Combine the graham cracker crumbs, crushed caramel corn, 2 TBSP sugar and melted butter.
- Press this into the bottom of a 10 inch spring form pan.
- Bake crust for 10 minutes at 350F and set aside.
- Mix the cheese, sugar, and caramel sauce with paddle attachment on medium speed, about 3 minutes.
- Add in the flour on low speed.
- Add eggs one at a time, scraping down the sides and bottom after each egg.
- Add the egg yolks and vanilla.
- Pour the batter into the pre-prepared pan.
- Wrap aluminum foil on the outside of the ban and bake in a water batch at 350F for approximately 1 ½ hours.
- A knife inserted should come out clean when the cake is done.
- Chill the cake overnight and then remove from the pan.
- Top with extra caramel sauce and caramel corn.
- Serves 14-16 people or 4 if you are in my family. 🙂
Welcome to the 3rd Annual #SummerDessertWeek event hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife. This week-long summer time event is filled with some down right amazing sweet recipes from fantastic bloggers and we’ve got some great giveaways from our generous sponsors for y’all too!! We can’t wait to share all of these summer-themed desserts with you and celebrate sweet, sweet summertime all week long!
Dixie Crystals is giving away one (1)Keurig® K-Select® Coffee Maker
Prize #2 — Adam’s Extract is giving away – 1 Gift Pack – including Adams Poundcake Kit, Adams Best, Adams Lemon Extract, Adams Natural Food Color, and Adams Cinnamon Sugar
Prize #3 —Wilton is giving away a Wilton Gift Pack – including – Bake and Bring Geometric Print Non-Stick 13 x 9 -inch Oblong Pan, Bake and Bring Geometric Print Non-Stick 8-inch Square Cake Pan, Bake and Bring Geometric Print Non-Stick 8-inch Round Cake Pan, Peach Cobbler Candy Melts Candy, Blueberry Lemonade Candy Melts Candy, Orange Crème Candy Melts Candy, Key Lime Pie Decorating Icing Pouch with Tips, Orange Crème Decorating Icing Pouch with Tips, Pop Art Triangle and Solid Cupcake Liners, Geometric Print and Solid Green Cupcake Liners, Balloon Dog Icing Decorations, Assorted Brights and Pastels Sprinkles, Blue Sprinkles Tackle Box, Coral Sprinkles Tackle Box, DIY-Lish Mermaid Kit, DIY-Lish Candy Lollipop Kit and Disposable Decorating Bags with 1M Tips
Prize #4 — Sweets & Treats Boutique is giving away 1 (one) baking supply box including an assortment of sprinkles and cupcake liners as well as one of Love From The Oven’s recent cookbooks!