Honey Mustard Pretzel Deviled Eggs: Honey mustard lovers will love this spin on deviled eggs. Filled with two kinds of mustard, honey, and topped with salty pretzels.
Every party needs a deviled egg.
They seem so old fashioned and yet at the end of the party there isn’t an egg left.
It’s one of the first things to always go.
While I like me a classic deviled egg I always like to have a non-traditional one as well.
My Bacon Caesar Salad Deviled Eggs are always a big hit but we don’t eat meat anymore so I wanted a vegetarian friendly flavor this time around.
The hubby and I love honey mustard.
We love pretzels.
So why not honey mustard pretzel deviled eggs.
I thought about adding some crushed pretzels to the yolk mix but knew it would get soggy.
In fact, if you are going to make these ahead of time…like most people do…don’t add the pretzels until just before serving.
That way the pretzels stay nice and crispy.
These did not disappoint and the combo of the two mustards really add a depth to them.
So if deviled eggs are on the menu this New Year’s Eve…or any eve for that matter…I definitely suggest adding these to the mix.
- 12 large eggs, hard boiled
- 5 TBSP, Mayo (full fat)
- 1 1/2 TBSP Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 TBSP yellow mustard
- 3 TBSP honey
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/3 cup pretzel pieces
- Slice the eggs in half and remove the yolks placing them in a medium sized bowl.
- Put the egg white halves off to the side.
- Mix together the yolks, mayo, dijon mustard, yellow mustard, honey and salt.
- Mix until creamy.
- Pipe or spoon into the egg white halves.
- Add crushed pretzels on top.
- If not serving right away don't put the pretzels on until ready to serve or else they will get soggy.