These Homemade Chocolate Peppermint S’Mores are perfect for holiday time with peppermint marshmallows and chocolate graham crackers.
I’ve gotten a slew of emails as of late as people seem to be under the impression that my life is exciting.
I can assure you it is not. 🙂
But I figured I would go ahead and answer the most asked questions.
#1: What does your fiance do for a living?
He is an electrician…very good with his hands 😉 (bad I know but come on…had to go there).
#2: How’s the foot?
The foot is pretty good though for the first time in forever (ironically the day I was “cleared” to play hockey…yes I have been playing for 5 weeks already) it started hurting.
But other than that it’s been pretty good.
#3: What do you want for Christmas?
I really don’t know actually.
While I am in love with this idea but it’s highly impractical for a stuffed animal.
I wouldn’t mind Sorel Joan of Arctic Boots in gray even though I already own a pair of Sorrels.
They are just a great boot I guess you can’t own too many water proof super warm boots when you live where I do.
#4: Does your fiance get along with his ex as good as you and your ex?
BAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Um, No.
#5: How is the wedding planning coming along? Find a dress yet?
Well with the loss of my side job the wedding planning has kind of gone to the waste side a little.
Still getting married just probably going to have to change some things.
Doesn’t mean I can’t plan my dream one on Pinterest. 🙂
Which if you are on there you should be following me.
But with the fake wedding planning came the idea for these S’mores.
Someone had a hot chocolate bar and S’mores bar at their wedding.
They used Giant Marshmallows just like I just made.
I figured go chocolate peppermint for holiday time and make these Homemade Chocolate Peppermint S’Mores.
The chocolate graham crackers are thicker than they should be but were awesome all the same.
These were just down right good.
Also if you truly are interested in my unexciting life you can follow me on Instagram.
P.S. It’s a great day to buy my cookbook Holy Sweet!
Want More S’mores Ideas?
Homemade Chocolate Peppermint S’Mores
- For the S'mores:
- 1 batch Giant Peppermint Marshmallows (recipe HERE)
- Milk chocolate or peppermint bark pieces
- Chocolate Graham Crackers (recipe follows)
- For the Chocolate Graham Crackers:
- Chocolate Graham Crackers
- ½ cup All-Purpose Flour
- ¾ cup graham flour
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ cup Dutch-process cocoa
- 1 ¼ cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 tsp. peppermint extract
- 2 tablespoons cold milk
- Preheat your oven to 325°F.
- Cut out two sheets of parchment as large as your cookie sheets.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the flours, salt, cocoa, sugar, and baking powder. With a pastry blender, two knives, or your fingertips, cut the butter into the flour mixture until evenly crumbly.
- Add the milk and extract to the dry ingredients and toss lightly with a fork until the dough comes together.
- Add additional milk, if necessary.
- Turn the dough out onto a well-floured surface and fold it over gently 10 to 12 times, until smooth.
- Divide the dough in half. Work with half the dough at a time, keeping the remaining dough covered.
- Transfer one piece of dough to a piece of parchment.
- Roll it into a rectangle a bit larger than 10 x 14 inches; the dough will be about 1/16-inch thick.
- Trim the edges and prick the dough evenly with a dough docker or fork.
- Repeat with the remaining dough and parchment.
- Place the rolled-out dough pieces, on their parchment, onto baking sheets. Mine were way thicker than supposed to be but I was pressed for time.
- Bake the crackers for 15 minutes, or until you begin to smell chocolate (and peppermint).
- Remove them from the oven, and immediately cut them into rectangles with a pizza wheel or knife.
- Transfer them to a rack to cool. Store the cooled crackers tightly wrapped. Yield: thirty-two 3 1/2 x 2 1/2-inch crackers.
- Mine were larger because my marshmallows were larger.
- To Make the S'mores:
- Toast your peppermint marshmallow so that it's nice and gooey.
- Take two chocolate graham crackers and place the marshmallow on the bottom cracker.
- Top with chocolate or peppermint bark.
- Then top with the remaining graham cracker and enjoy.
A great idea – those s’mores look amazing! There are so many variations on s’mores out there, but this one definitely seems like a winner…chocolate + peppermint can’ t be beat, especially at the holidays.
That is one massive s’more. Exactly how it should me.
Becca - Cookie Jar Treats says
Holy Moley! Those have got to be the biggest s’mores I have ever seen! Really. But is sure does look tasty and marshmallowy. Oh man, I can just imagine the amount of marshmallow gooey squeezing out of those giant chocolate grahams. Mmmm 🙂
Has the planning itself gone by the wayside, or has the event just been pushed back? I’m really curious about your plans for the cake.
@Rodzilla- the planning has not gone to the wayside and the event has not been pushed back…just made much, much smaller. I’m making my cake but still not sure what I’m doing for that.
Thank you for sharing a glimpse into your life.