White Chocolate Chip Creamsicle Cookies: Large, soft, and chewy cookies filled white white chocolate chips, candied orange peel, and creamsicle marshmallows. A fun twist on a chocolate chip cookie.
Bomb Pops, Drumsticks, and Creamsicles are my favorite thing to get from the ice cream man.
Granted I haven’t seen an ice cream man in years but still.
If you have been to a grocery store as of late you might realize it’s citrus season.
All different types to choose from.
I went with a Honeybell orange but feel free to use your favorite orange.
These cookies came about because I noticed my Shamrock Cookies were all over Pinterest as of late.
Since I had made creamsicle marshmallows and so it seemed like a good idea to make a version of the Shamrock cookie but using creamsicle.
If you don’t want to make the marshmallows you can buy the mini marshmallows but it won’t be the same. 🙂
If you don’t want to use candied orange peel you can chop up orange slices candy and use pieces of those.
But I prefer the candied orange peel because it’s not as sweet.
Make sure to give plenty of space for the cookies to spread out…because they will.
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks)unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- zest of one orange
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup candied orange peel, chopped
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 45 mini creamsicle marshmallows (I just cut the big ones into small ones)
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Make the orange sugar:
- In a medium bowl mix the orange zest and sugars.
- Rub the orange zest into the sugar with hands.
- Using a sifter, sift out the zest if desired.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl and set aside.
- Using a stand mixer with a paddle attachment beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Stir in the white chocolate chips and candied orange peels.
- Using a regular size ice cream scoop, scoop out 15 cookies.
- Bake for 13 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and while hot place the marshmallows onto the cookies.
- Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.