Orange Cinnamon Roll Jell-O Shot: Inspired by one of my favorite morning treats these Jell-O shots contain orange Jell-O, Cinnabon Vodka, and Cinnabon liqueur.
So as much as I love a homemade cinnamon roll, I have to admit I love me some Pillsbury Orange Rolls.
Sadly I grew up thinking my mother mad them from scratch when it turns out she did not. 🙂
A few years ago I was at a retreat at Kristen of Dine and Dish’s house.
She had been sent a bottle of Pinnacle Cinnabon Vodka and said it was really good with Coke.
Yes, it is.
I care not to admit how many of those I drank but it was a lot.
And I still drink them.
Then last week on my Twitter feed was a photo of someone who had a bottle of Cinnabon Cream Liqueur.
It took me a bit to track it down but it was so worth it.
If you cannot find the Cinnabon vodka you can use a plain vodka.
Don’t skip making the whipped cream for this one is it is basically cream cheese frosting to go on top of the “cinnamon rolls”.
- zest of 1 orange
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 2 (3 oz) packages Orange Jell-O
- 1/2 cup Cinnabon Cream Liqueur
- 1 cup Cinnabon Vodka
- 2 oz. cream cheese
- 1/2 heavy cream
- 2 TBSP granulated sugar
- cinnamon sugar (for garnish)
- Using a stand mixer with a whisk attachment, beat the heavy cream until stiff peaks form.
- Add sugar and cream cheese and mix until fully combined.
- Set aside.
- Bring 2 cups water and orange zest to a boil.
- Strain out the orange zest.
- Empty gelatin powder into a large mixing bowl and add the boiling water.
- Continue stirring for two minutes or until the jello is completely dissolved.
- Add in the orange juice, Cinnabon Liqueur, and Cinnabon Vodka.
- Stir until mixed and pour into 2oz. cups filled to 3/4 of the way.
- Top with cream cheese whipped cream and cinnamon sugar.