Blueberry Limoncello Cobbler: Spiked with Limoncello liqueur this blueberry cobbler is a grown up summer treat and twist on a classic.
This post and recipe was created for #SummerDessertWeek! I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies but as always opinions, bad grammar, and overuse of smiley emoji’s are are 100% mine.
It’s no secret that I don’t like summer. I’m so pasty white that I don’t absorb the sun I reflect it. 🙂 Bugs love to nibble away at my skin. I don’t tolerate heat and it’s often too hot to turn the oven on. I’m allergic to all the growing things and don’t get to breath from May until September.
But the saving grace of summer is the bounty of fruit and veggies.
So when Angie of Big Bear’s Wife decided to host Summer Dessert Week I decided to join in. Main reason was the fun giveaway for you the readers. The other reason is that I miss the days in blogging when we used to do things like this all the time.
This may seem like an odd choice of a dessert for me since I’m allergic to blueberries, but I love to bake with them. I especially love the combo of blueberries and lemon.
Way back when I started this blog over 12 years ago I made a blackberry cobbler mostly because the recipe intrigued me. You roll the dough like cinnamon rolls, you melt a stick of butter in the pan, and your pour sugar water into the pan which makes everything float up. You will be determined that it will not work out and you wasted ingredients. You will be wrong…it all comes together magically.
I love this cobbler. It’s like half biscuit half cobbler. It’s messy but tasty. Some of the fruit will fall out when you slice it just through the fruit into the pan after you put the sliced dough in. I also used the Dixie Crystals Sugar sent to me as well as the Land O’Lakes butter.
You can use fresh or frozen berries. Rainer Fruit sent blueberries so I used fresh. But I have made this cobbler with both frozen and fresh fruit and both have been excellent.
OXO had sent a Glass Pie Plate but you can use any kind of pie plate you like.
This recipe does contain alcohol and so you need to be 21 or older to enjoy. If you don’t want the booze you can just use all water in the recipe.
Good luck on winning the raffle!
Welcome to the first #SummerDessertWeek event hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife. We’re so glad that you’ve joined us for this week long event of desserts and giveaways. You’re going to love what we have in store for you.
There are 25 amazing bloggers participating in this year’s event! Throughout the week we’ll be share tons of fantastic summer dessert recipes with you. With over 70 recipes being shared this week we just know that you’re going to find a new summer favorite! Plus, don’t forget that we have 6 (six) great giveaways for you this week thanks to our amazing sponsors!
Scroll down to take a look!
Prize #1 — Dixie Crystals is giving one winner a $100 Willimas Sonoma Gift Card OR a $100 Sur la Table! Winner of prize #1 gets to pick which gift card they would like!
Prize #2 — Rainier Fruit is giving one winner a Pie dish, Cherry Pitter, Serving Spatula, Pinch Bowls, Pie Carrier! Everything you need to make the perfect cherry or blueberry pie!
Prize #3– OXO is giving one winner an 8 Piece Glass Bake, Serve & Store Set.
OXO Glass Bakeware is made of thermal shock resistant borosilicate glass, which means it can go from freezer to oven without the need to thaw. The OXO 8 Piece Glass Bake, Serve & Store Set is the perfect partner for all of your baking adventures. The Set includes a Glass 3 Qt Baking Dish, Glass 2 Qt Baking Dish, Glass Loaf Pan, Glass Pie Plate, 1 Cup Round SNAP Container, and 2 Cup Round SNAP Container.
Prize #4 — Adam’s Extract is giving one winner a Pyrex with baking utensils and 4oz Adams Best, 1.5 oz Pure Lemon, Almond, Peppermint and Vanilla.
Prize #5 — General Mills Cereal is giving one winner 4 boxes of cereal, 2 Big G Cereal character bowls, 2 Big G Cereal character , 2 “Good Morning” spoons, 2 Cheerios tumblers with straws 1 long-sleeve Cereal Character hooded t-shirt, 1 short-sleeve Cereal Character t-shirt.
Prize #6 — Land O’Lakes is giving one winner a branded insulated tote with a stainless steel water bottle, two mugs with cocoa mix, a dish towel and coasters.
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older.. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from July 24th until July 30th at 12AMEST. Winners will be selected soon afterwards and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 6 (six) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 6 (six) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week long event, #SummerDessertWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Rainier Fruit, OXO, Adam’s Extract, Land O’Lakes and General Mills Cereal! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #SummerDessertWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.
Check out the amazing #SummerDessertWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
Ice Cream Recipes:
- No Churn Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream from Big Bear’s Wife
- No Churn Cherry Crisp Ice Cream from Miss in the Kitchen
- No-Churn Peanut Butter Lovers Ice Cream from Home Sweet Homestead
- No Churn Banana Walnut Ice Cream from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Grilled Pineapple Ring Rum Sundae from Daily Dish Recipes
- Creamy No Churn Peach Ice Cream from 4 Sons ‘R’ Us
Pies of Summer:
- Peach Blueberry Galette from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Coconut Key Lime Pie from The Domestic Kitchen
- Berry Cherry Pie from A Blender Mom
Sweet Summertime Cakes:
- Cherry Almond Cake from Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine
- Homemade Angel Food Cake with Sugared Berries from Me and My Pink Mixer
- Cherry Vanilla Poke Cake from The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Gooey Nutella Microwave Mug Cake from For the Love of Food
No Bake Treats:
- Churro Bites with Mexican Chocolate Dipping Sauce from Love Bakes Good Cakes
- Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes from The JavaCupcake Blog
- Blueberry Limencello Cobbler from Sweet ReciPeas
- Blueberry Biscuits from Fake Ginger
- Blueberry Crumb Bars from Southern Plate
- Cherry Struesel Muffins from My Baking Heart
- Rustic Cherry Galette from Jen Around the World
- Roasted Cherry Meringue Fool from Cooking In Stilettos
- Cherry Rosemary Cobbler from The Spiffy Cookie
- Cherry Almond Cobbler from Southern From Scratch
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, plus 1/2 stick (4 TBSP) cut into bits and chilled
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup Limoncello liqueur (if not into booze use water)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups self-rising cake flour
- 1/3 cup milk
- zest of one lemon
- 3 cups fresh or thawed frozen blueberries (about 1 pound)
- 2 TBSP sparkling sugar
- Accompaniment if desired: vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a 10-inch glass pie plate or baking dish melt 1/2 cup uncut butter in oven.
- In a small saucepan combine water and 1 cup sugar and heat over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until sugar is completely dissolved.
- In a food processor pulse together flour and remaining 1/2 stick (4 TBSP) cut-up butter until mixture resembles fine meal.
- Add milk and pulse just until a dough forms.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and with a floured rolling pin roll into an 11- by 9-inch rectangle.
- Scatter blueberries evenly over top of the dough.
- Beginning with a long side roll up dough jelly-roll fashion and cut into 1 1/2-inch thick slices. (Slices will come apart and be messy).
- Arrange slices, cut sides up, on melted butter in pie plate or baking dish.
- Pour sugar syrup over slices, soaking dough, and bake cobbler in middle of oven 45 minutes. Sprinkle sparking sugar over cobbler and bake 15 minutes more, or until golden.
- Serve cobbler warm with ice cream.