These Sugar Cookie Dough Truffle Cups have sugar cookie truffle surrounded by Sugar Cookie Kisses and topped with sprinkles.
I love making chocolate chip cookie and/or snickerdoodle dough truffles.
So I’m not sure why it never occurred to me to make sugar cookie ones.
For I love sugar cookies.
They are the one cookie I make every year.
Even though I’m not the biggest fan of all the rolling and cutting out of the sugar cookies.
We eat them while we open gifts on Christmas day…it’s tradition.
Along with hot chocolate that has a mini candy cane in it.
These Sugar Cookie Dough Truffle Cups are in honor of Buddy the Elf as they are definitely sweet.
I mean it’s eggless sugar cookie dough covered in candy.
So yeah, it’s going to be sweet.
I found the sugar cookie kisses at Walmart and decided I needed to do something with them.
That’s when I saw chocolate chip cookie dough cups on Pinterest and decided to go for it.
If you can’t find the kisses I would just use white chocolate.
Or you could use semisweet or a dark chocolate if you want to cut down the sweetness in them.
Just don’t skip the sprinkles because Buddy the Elf wouldn’t . 🙂
Want More Sugar Cookie Ideas?
- ½ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (heat treated)
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 20 ounces Hershey Sugar Cookie Kisses
- Sprinkles for garnish
- Using a stand mixer (or a bowl and beaters), cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Beat in vanilla.
- With speed on low, slowly add heat treated flour, alternating with condensed milk, beat well after each addition.
- Shape balls into 1-inch balls and then press down to flatten it slightly.
- Line a mini muffin tin with mini cupcake liners.
- Heat the sugar cookie kissed in a saucepan set over another saucepan of simmering water.
- Stir until melted.
- Spoon (or pipe) enough candy melts into the each cupcake liner to cover the bottom of it.
- Set cookie dough ball into center of each liner.
- Pour candy melts over cookie dough balls to completely cover.
- Top with sprinkles if desired.
- Place in refrigerator for 4 hours.