This Mint Chocolate Cookie Ice Cream Fudge is my take on the Ben and Jerry’s ice cream flavor Topped Thick Mint but in fudge form.
“This post and recipe was created for #SummerDessertWeek! I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies but as always opinions, bad grammar, and overuse of emoji’s are 100% mine.”
For this particular post I used Dixie Crystals Sugar which I received for free to use in this recipe but no financial compensation was provided.
Summer Dessert Week continues on and I made Mint Chocolate Cookie Ice Cream Fudge in honor of the Ben and Jerry’s ice cream flavor Topped Thick Mint.
It’s an evolution of the flavor Mint Chocolate Cookie which I pretty much lived on in college.
See, I was a Resident Advisor and I got free room and board.
But somehow my parents didn’t feel the meal plan I chose was good enough and so they always put extra money on my card.
So much so that at the end of each year I would buy my residents tons of snacks during finals.
Because if I didn’t use the money on the Flex card it would go away and get wasted.
But each week, or more than once a week, I bought Mint Chocolate Cookie Ice Cream at the little store they had on campus.
I’m sure it’s part of my Freshman, Sophomore, Junior, and Senior 15. 🙂
This fudge has a mint and vanilla soft serve white chocolate base.
Then Oreo pieces folded in.
Dipped in semisweet chocolate just like the new version has a fudge top.
Keys to Successful Fudge:
Have a thermometer. I don’t like the old fashioned ones that you clip to the side. Those never work for me. I like digital and use this one.
Use Baker’s sugar. Also known as caster or superfine sugar.
I don’t always follow my own rule because I don’t always have it on hand but it makes for a less gritty fudge.
If you don’t have it you can run the sugar through a dry blender or food processor to make it superfine.
Use good butter. Preferably European. They higher the butterfat content the better.
Cheaper butter often has too much water in it and will cause your fudge to separate.
Same goes for your chocolate.
The cheaper the chocolate the more likely it is to separate. If using chips I tend to use Guittard.
And when making extra special fudge I used TCHO.
P.S. It’s a great day to buy my cookbook Holy Sweet!
Want More Fudge Recipes?
- For the Fudge:
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 oz. unsalted butter
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup vanilla soft serve mix
- 1 tsp. mint extract
- drop of green food gel
- 7-ounce jar marshmallow crème
- 1/2 cup Oreo cookies, crushed
- For the Chocolate Coating:
- 6 oz semisweet chocolate
- 1 1/2 TBSP oil
- For the Fudge:
- Line an 8×8 inch pan with parchment with an overhang so you can lift the fudge out later and coat with baking spray.
- Combine sugar, butter, and heavy cream into a large heavy bottomed saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Once boiling, attach a candy thermometer and reduce the heat to a hair above medium low and cook for 7-10 minutes until your thermometer reads 234°F (soft ball stage) , stirring constantly.
- Once you reach 234F remove from heat and add the white chocolate stirring vigorously with a wooden spoon until the chocolate has melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Add the marshmallow crème and mix until well blended.
- Add the vanilla soft serve mix, mint extract, and green food gel and mix until fully combined and smooth.
- Stir in the Oreo pieces.
- Pour mixture into the prepared pan and use an offset spatula to smooth and even out the top.
- Let cool to room temperature.
- Then lift out of the pan and onto a cutting board.
- Cut into whatever amount you want.
- Combine the chocolate and oil in a medium heat-proof bowl set over a medium saucepan of barely simmering water; stir until melted and smooth.
- Transfer to a small bowl, and let cool about 15 minutes.
- Dip the top of each piece of cut fudge into the chocolate.
- Top with a piece of Oreo if desired.
- Let the chocolate set up, about an hour and serve.
For the Chocolate Coating:
Check out the amazing #SummerDessertWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
Homemade Mickey Bars from Big Bear’s Wife
Pina Colada Poke Cake from Semi Homemade Recipes
Whopper Cookies from Eat Move Make
Seashell Macarons from Simply Inspired Meals
S’mores Bars from It’s Shanaka
Birthday Cake Fudge from Fake Ginger
Soft Baked Lemon Poppyseed Cookies from Blogghetti
Smoked Cheesecake from 4 Sons ‘R’ Us
Berry Mousse from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
Layered Ice Cream Pie from For the Love of Food
No Churn Lemon Shortbread Ice Cream from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Mini Biscuit Peach Pies from Our Good Life
White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies from Family Around the Table
Blueberry Lemon Yogurt Loaf from Sweet Beginnings
S’mores Donuts from Jolene’s Recipe Journal
Bourbon Caramel Sauce from Savory Experiments
Dutch Oven Peach Cobbler from Devour Dinner
Lemon Filling (No eggs) from Shockingly Delicious
Gluten-Free Blueberry Crisp for Two from Books n’ Cooks
Kinder Bueno Cheesecake from SugarYums
Blueberry Turnovers from Cheese Curd In Paradise
Instant Pot Strawberry Crunch Cheesecake from Baking up Memories
Raspberry Shortbread Sandwich Cookies from Pastry Chef Online
Mint Chocolate Cookie Ice Cream Fudge from Sweet ReciPEAs
Custard Cream Sandwich Cookies from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
Welcome to this year’s #SummerDessertWeek event hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife.
You’re going to be in for a treat this year because we have 28 blogs/bloggers creating summer themed dessert recipes all week! We’re sharing them with the hashtag #SummerDessertWeek on social media and you’ll find some of the links in this post as well. Plus, we also have some great giveaways for you this week thanks to our amazing sponsors!
Scroll down to take a look!
Dixie Crystals is giving away 1 (one) 4.2 Quart (4 Liter) Electric Air Fryer
Circulon is giving away a TOTAL BAKEWARE 6-Piece Nonstick Bakeware Set – Two 9-Inch Round Cake Pans, 9-Inch Square Cake Pan, 9-Inch x 5-Inch Loaf Pan, 9-Inch x 13-Inch Rectangular Cake Pan, 10-Inch x 15-Inch Cookie Pan
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older.
All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from July 26th until July 31st at 11:59PMEST. Winners will be selected soon afterwards and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 2 (two) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 2 (two) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week long event, #SummerDessertWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals and Circulon. These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #SummerDessertWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.