These Orange Otter Pop Jello Shots are made with Little Orphan Orange Otter Pops, Orange Jello, and Vodka for a twist on a summer favorite.
You may have seen on the news about the little heatwave we are having here in the PNW.
We aren’t dealing with it well. And by we, I mean the PNW.
Though, I’m not enjoying it at all either.
It reminded me of my days of living in Phoenix.
Where I was used to 108F.
But also had central air conditioning.
I was a school teacher when I lived in AZ.
Which meant that Otter Pops were your friend.
Cheap, as teachers don’t make much.
And cold for the warm days…which is almost all of them in AZ.
I also love them as a kid. Strawberry Short Kook was my favorite.
In fact, I would have made a jello shot in that flavor except I didn’t have enough Otter Pops in that flavor to make them.
Because, as I learned yesterday, it takes 9 Otter Pops to make 1 cup.
And I had quite a few of Little Orphan Orange Otter Pops and I owned the Funko Pop of it so I figured that was the flavor to go with.
I own the Strawberry Short Kook Funko Pop too. 🙂
What can I say, I’m a kid at heart.
A kid that puts booze in her childhood favorites. 😀
These Orange Otter Pop Jello Shots are pretty straight forward. Orange gelatin.
I chose to use the Orange Crush Gelatin.
The Otter Pop syrup.
Not really sure what to call it.
And a touch of water…you know for hydration. 😛
Want More Jello Shots?
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 (3 oz) packages Orange Jello (or Orange Crush Gelatin)
- 1 cup Little Orphan Orange Otter Pop (not frozen)
- 1/2 cup vodka
- Bring water to a boil.
- Empty gelatin powder into a large mixing bowl and add the boiling water.
- Continue stirring for two minutes or until the jello is completely dissolved.
- Add in the Otter Pops and vodka.
- Stir until mixed and pour into 2oz. cups filled 1/2 to 3/4 of the way.
- Place in fridge and let set up for at least 2 hours, preferably at least 4.
- These can be made two days ahead of your event.