These Yellow Starburst Jell-O Shots are made with Starburst Yellow Gelatin, lemon flavored vodka, and limoncello all topped with a mini yellow Starburst.
When it comes to Starburst I am hands down a Pink Starburst girl through and through.
Then again I’m a strawberry flavored anything fan.
When I get my bag of Starburst I will fully admit I am bummed if I see more yellow ones than pink.
Which is pretty much the case each time (same with Skittles).
Ironically because I needed to have yellow Starburst for the photos the bag I got had hardly any yellow in it. 😀
And while I don’t actively seek out yellow Starburst I certainly will eat them.
Because they are lemon flavored and because they are sugar.
Two things I like.
So if they aren’t my favorite why on Earth would I make Yellow Starburst Jell-O Shots?
Because I like lemon with booze.
And I really like the Starburst Gelatin they came out with.
The flavor of the Starburst candy really comes through and well, that’s what I’m looking for.
If you can’t find the gelatin (it’s normally at Walmart and on Amazon) you can always use lemon Jell-O.
But know that it’s not going to have the same flavor but it will still be tasty.
So even if you don’t reach for the yellow Starburst immediately out of the bag you may change your mind about them after making them in Jell-O shot form.
And after about three of them it won’t matter. 😛
My favorite lemon vodka is Deep Eddy Lemon Vodka…I get it at Total Wine.
But I’ve seen it at Target as well.
Want More Jell-O Shot Recipes?
- 1 box Starburst Yellow Gelatin or 6oz Lemon Jell-O
- 2 1/2 cups water, divided
- 1/2 cup lemon vodka
- 1/2 cup limoncello
- mini yellow Starburst for garnish
- Bring 2 cups water to a boil.
- Empty gelatin powder into a large mixing bowl and add the boiling water.
- Continue stirring for two minutes or until the jello is completely dissolved.
- Add in the 1/2 cup of cold water, vodka, and limoncello.
- Stir until mixed and pour into 2oz. cups filled 1/2 to 3/4 of the way.
- Top with a small piece of Yellow Starburst.