Cherry Lemonade Jell-O Shot: Summer themed Jell-O shots are made with Jolly Rancher Cherry gelatin, vodka, and fresh lemonade. It will be sure to cool you down those warm summer nights.
While the temperatures around here are telling me summer if very far off I have been thinking about what drinks I will be making this summer.
I realized the other day that I had not made Jell-O shots in quite a while.
I was making them weekly and then I stopped.
Not totally sure why.
But it is Tipsy Tuesday and out came the Jell-O.
And the vodka.
A few years ago I found Cherry Lemonade Jell-O.
It was awesome and I had planned on making these Jell-O shots with the remaining boxes that I had.
But I wanted to make sure you would be able to find it.
Except, as suspected, they don’t make it anymore.
Who do they think they are?
Trader Joes. 🙂
Who loves to stop carrying every product I love there.
Anyway, I used Jolly Rancher Cherry Gelatin.
I find it has more intense flavor, that is a little on the tart side.
If you don’t want to get the Jolly Rancher Gelatin you can use just regular cherry Jell-O.
I find the Jolly Rancher gelatin at Winco.
But I realize not everyone has a Winco so you can buy it online (link in recipe).
If you can, use fresh squeezed lemonade, it does make a difference.
No time for fresh squeezed?
In the words of Ina Garten…store bought is fine. 🙂
If you prefer you can make these into Cherry Limeade Jell-O Shots.
Sonic has made Cherry Limeade a big thing and it’s easy to sub out the lemonade for limeade.
Want more Jell-O shots?
- 3 cups lemonade, divided
- 2 (3 oz) packages Jolly Rancher Cherry Gelatin
- 1 cup Vodka
- Bring 2 cups lemonade to a boil.
- Empty gelatin powder into a large mixing bowl and add the boiling lemonade.
- Continue stirring for two minutes or until the jello is completely dissolved.
- Add in the cup of cold lemonade and vodka.
- Stir until mixed and pour into 2oz. cups filled 1/2 to 3/4 of the way.
- Top with a small piece of lemon and a cherry if desired.