These Cherry Lemonade Jell-O shots are made with Jolly Rancher Cherry gelatin, vodka, and fresh lemonade. Perfect for a summer party.
While the temperatures around here are telling me summer if very far off I have been thinking about what drinks I will be making this summer.
I realized the other day that I had not made Jell-O shots in quite a while.
I was making them weekly and then I stopped.
Not totally sure why.
But it is Tipsy Tuesday and out came the Jell-O.
And the vodka.
A few years ago I found Cherry Lemonade Jell-O.
It was awesome and I had planned on making these Cherry Lemonade Jell-O Shots with the remaining boxes that I had.
But I wanted to make sure you would be able to find it.
Except, as suspected, they don’t make it anymore.
Who do they think they are?
Trader Joes. 🙂
Who loves to stop carrying every product I love there.
Anyway, I used Jolly Rancher Cherry Gelatin.
I find it has more intense flavor, that is a little on the tart side.
If you don’t want to get the Jolly Rancher Gelatin you can use just regular cherry Jell-O.
I find the Jolly Rancher gelatin at Winco.
But I realize not everyone has a Winco so you can buy it on Amazon.
If you can, use fresh squeezed lemonade, it does make a difference.
No time for fresh squeezed?
In the words of Ina Garten…store bought is fine. 🙂
If you prefer you can make these into Cherry Limeade Jell-O Shots.
Sonic has made Cherry Limeade a big thing and it’s easy to sub out the lemonade for limeade.
Want more Jell-O shots?
- 3 cups lemonade, divided
- 2 (3 oz) packages Jolly Rancher Cherry Gelatin
- 1 cup Vodka
- Bring 2 cups lemonade to a boil.
- Empty gelatin powder into a large mixing bowl and add the boiling lemonade.
- Continue stirring for two minutes or until the jello is completely dissolved.
- Add in the cup of cold lemonade and vodka.
- Stir until mixed and pour into 2oz. cups filled 1/2 to 3/4 of the way.
- Top with a small piece of lemon and a cherry if desired.