These Caramel Apple Cheesecake Cheeseballs will bring fun to your Halloween themed party. All the flavors of caramel apples while looking like them too.
This post and recipe was created for #HalloweenTreatsWeek!
I was sent products by some of the sponsor companies but as always opinions, bad grammar, and overuse of emojis are 100% mine.
In this post I used Dixie Crystals Sugar granulated sugar as well as Litehouse Foods Caramel Old Fashioned Caramel Dip which were sent to me free by both companies for participating in #HalloweenTreatsWeek.
So #HalloweenTreatsWeek got a new sponsor this year, Litehouse Foods.
But it’s one I know well because their headquarters in the town where my parents retired to.
So I’ve driven by their headquarters quite a few times.
That and I buy their salad dressing. 🙂
But since this is a treats week they sent us sweet treats.
And a pumpkin spice caramel dip.
Chocolate dip as well.
I was all about the Old Fashioned Caramel Dip and that’s what I used in my cheesecakes.
I do love making dessert cheesecake cheeseballs.
Figuring out how to make this Halloween-ish was a little hard.
At first I was going to make a giant one like I usually make my cheeseballs.
Then randomly at hockey while skating I thought hey, I’ll make them small and attempt to look like actual caramel apples.
That’s what they are supposed to look like.
Not sure that I totally nailed it but it’s definitely not a Pinterest fail. 😀
I chose to roll my cheeseballs in dry roasted peanuts because that is my favorite on caramel apples.
But if you like yours with white chocolate chips or pecans or whatever feel free to switch them out.
I did once again prove to myself that I can not tie bows. 🙂
But the cheesecakes themselves are very tasty and I think it’s fun that everyone gets their own little cheeseball to enjoy.
What are the other bloggers making?Check out the amazing #HalloweenTreatsWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
- Poison Apple Cupcakes from Big Bear’s Wife
- Apple Cider Jello Shots from Fake Ginger
- Ghost Meringue Cookies from Cookaholic Wife
- Eyeball Monster Cookies from Jen Around the World
- Spooky Eyeball Truffles from Sweet Beginnings
- Halloween Chocolate Cake from Back To My Southern Roots
- Bloody Eyeball Crinkle Cookies from Creative Southern Home
- Day of the Dead Margaritas from The Spiffy Cookie
- Ectoplasm Fluff Salad from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Loaded Bat Bark from Who Needs A Cape?
- Halloween Icebox Cake from Lemon Blossoms
- Creepy Eyeball Popcorn Balls from West Via Midwest
- Purple People Eater Cupcakes from Jonesin’ For Taste
- Caramel Apple Cheesecake Cheeseballs from Sweet ReciPEAs
- Pumpkin Patch Cupcakes from The Beard and The Baker
- Halloween Cakesickles from Pint Sized Baker
- Halloween M&M Cookie Bars from Katie’s Cucina
- Witches Midnight Puppy Chow from My Sweet Zepol
- Individual Jack Skellington Cheesecakes from Savory Moments
- Vegan Pumpkin Cupcakes with Dark Chocolate Sprinkle Frosting from The Baking Fairy
- Halloween Brownie Parfait from Intelligent Domestications
- Bloody Good Fudge from A Blender Mom
- Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes with Pumpkin Frosting and Spooky Sprinkles from Nancie’s Table
- Spooky Shortbread Cookies from Shockingly Delicious
Want more Cheeseball Recipes?
- 16 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup freeze dried apples, crushed
- 3 TBSP powdered hot apple cider drink mix
- 16 oz. Litehouse Old Fashioned Caramel Dip
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup toffee piece (not chocolate covered)
- 2 cups dry roasted chopped peanuts
- Using a stand mixer with a paddle attachment beat together the cream cheese and the butter until fully incorporated.
- Add the caramel dip and mix until fully incorporated.
- Add the hot apple cider mix, freeze dried apples, and sugar, and beat until fully incorporated.
- Add toffee to the batter and mix on low until they are dispersed into the cheeseball mixture.
- Lay out 4 pieces of plastic wrap.
- Divide cheeseball mixture into 4 parts and scoop 1 part onto one piece of plastic wrap. Repeat for all four.
- Do your best to form a ball, then wrap up the ball in the plastic wrap.
- Do an extra layer of plastic wrap to help it keep its shape.
- Freeze for about 2 hours.
- Take the ball out of the freezer and unwrap.
- It's going to be sticky. That is okay.
- Place the nuts in a low shallow baking dish or jelly roll pan (I find a plate too small).
- Roll the ball in the nuts making sure you cover as much of it as you can.
- Wrap the ball back up into some plastic wrap and place in the fridge.
- If not serving that day, place back in the freezer and then take out an hour before serving to come up to room temperature.
- Add a popsicle stick and some ribbon to make them look more like caramel apples.
- Serve with apple slices.
“When witches go riding, and black cats are seen, the moon laughs and whispers ‘tis near Halloween.”For the 2nd annual #HalloweenTreatsWeek event we have 41 fantastically talented bloggers that are sharing their favorite Halloween recipes throughout the week! There are going to be over 160 Halloween themed recipes shared during this year’s #HalloweenTreatsWeek and we can’t wait for you to see them all! Follow the hashtag #HalloweenTreatsWeek on social media and look at the bottom of each post to see all of the Halloween recipes that we’re sharing!
Plus, don’t forget that we have 6 (six) great giveaways for you this week thanks to our amazing sponsors!Scroll down to take a look!
Prize #1 — Dixie Crystals is giving away a “Dinner and Dessert Set” – ONE 6-Quart Cook & Carry Programmable Slow Cooker, a Pyrex mixing bowl set plus some fun Dixie Crystals items like a Dixie Crystal Apron and Cookbook!
Prize #2 — Adam’s Extract is giving away – 1 Gift Pack – including 4oz Adams Best, 1.5 oz Peppermint, 1.5oz Almond, 1 bottle vanilla cinnamon sugar, 1 bottle pumpkin pie spice
Prize #3 —Wilton is giving away a Texturra 7-Piece Bakeware Set
Prize #4 — Sweets and Treats Shop is giving away a large baking box of goodies! Sweets and Treats will send one lucky winner a large assortment of sprinkles and lines and other samples of their products!
Prize #5 — Treat Street USA is giving away a set of Holiday Treat Decorations (1 Gummy Assortment, 1 Marshmallow Snowman, 1 Toy Solider and 1 Gingerbread Men)
Prize #6Prize # 6– Litehouseis giving away the following: 1 Litehouse® Honeycrisp Apple Cider, 1 Litehouse® Old Fashioned Caramel, 1 Litehouse® Pumpkin Spice Caramel, 1 Litehouse® Butterscotch Caramel & 1 Litehouse® Chocolate Dip, Snack Packs a Rafflecopter giveaway
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from October 7th – October 13th at 11:59PM EST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 6 (six) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 6 (six) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #HalloweenTreatsWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Adam’s Extract, Wilton, Sweets and Treats Shop, Treat Street USA and Litehouse! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #HalloweenTreatsWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.