These Orange Maple Pecan Bourbon Jelly Shots have orange juice, Maple Pecan Cream Liqueur, Bourbon, maple syrup, and Orange gelatin.
So it’s National Liqueur Day.
Proof that there is a day for everything. 😛
Because of that I wanted to make a Jelly Shot that used a liqueur.
Orange Maple Pecan Bourbon Jelly Shots.
I recently went to Total Wine (if you don’t have one of these I feel sad for you because it’s the adult candy store :D).
Bought a ton of booze.
When I bought the Maple Pecan Liqueur I knew it would go well with bourbon I was just not sure what flavor gelatin to put with it.
Then I remembered these tarts.
The Maple Pecan Liqueur is a cream based one so when it combines with the orange it’s going to separate.
That is fine.
You will just get a layered shot look and people will think how cool you are that you can do layered shots. 😀
Things to remember when making Jelly Shots.
When throwing a party, you’ll probably want to prepare 4-6 Jelly Shots for each guest.
This batch uses 6 ounces of gelatin and so you will get around 18-20 Jello shots.
If doing a half recipe and only using 3 ounces of gelatin you will only get 8-10 Jello shots depending on how you pour.
If using a garnish, don’t place the garnish on the jello shot until just ready to serve.
And as always it’s a great day to order my cookbook.
Want more Jelly Shots recipes?
- zest of 1 orange
- 1 TBSP maple syrup (not pancake syrup...the real stuff)
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 2 (3 oz) packages Orange gelatin
- 1/2 cup Maple Pecan Liqueur (I used Mr. Stacks)
- 1/2 cup Bourbon (I used Trader Joe's)
- Bring 2 cups water, maple syrup, and orange zest to a boil.
- Strain out the orange zest.
- Empty gelatin powder into a large mixing bowl and add the boiling water.
- Continue stirring for two minutes or until the jello is completely dissolved.
- Add in the orange juice, Maple Pecan Liqueur, and Bourbon.
- Stir until mixed and pour into 2oz. cups filled 1/2 to 3/4 of the way.
- Top with orange candy slices and chopped pecans if desired.