Orange Maple Pecan Bourbon Jell-O Shots: These Jell-O Shots are filled with fresh orange juice, Maple Pecan Cream Liqueur, Bourbon, maple syrup, and Orange Jell-O.
So it’s National Liqueur Day.
Proof that there is a day for everything. 😛
Because of that I wanted to make a Jell-O shot that used a liqueur.
I recently went to Total Wine (if you don’t have one of these I feel sad for you because it’s the adult candy store :D).
Bought a ton of booze.
When I bought the Maple Pecan Liqueur I knew it would go well with bourbon I was just not sure what flavor Jell-O to put with it.
Then I remembered these tarts.
The Maple Pecan Liqueur is a cream based one so when it combines with the orange it’s going to separate.
That is fine.
You will just get a layered shot look and people will think how cool you are that you can do layered shots. 😀
- zest of 1 orange
- 1 TBSP maple syrup (not pancake syrup...the real stuff)
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 2 (3 oz) packages Orange Jell-O
- 1/2 cup Maple Pecan Liqueur (I used Mr. Stacks)
- 1/2 cup Bourbon (I used Trader Joe's)
- Bring 2 cups water, maple syrup, and orange zest to a boil.
- Strain out the orange zest.
- Empty gelatin powder into a large mixing bowl and add the boiling water.
- Continue stirring for two minutes or until the jello is completely dissolved.
- Add in the orange juice, Maple Pecan Liqueur, and Bourbon.
- Stir until mixed and pour into 2oz. cups filled 1/2 to 3/4 of the way.
- Top with orange candy slices and chopped pecans if desired.