This Cranberry Marshmallow Jell-O Salad is made with Jelled cranberry sauce, Jello, cream cheese, Cool Whip, pecans, oranges, pineapple, and marshmallows.
I wasn’t going to post this today because well, no one is going to make it today.
Because most people already have their American Thanksgiving finalized.
BUT I’m getting old and far too many times I have made something seasonal and photographed it and then forgot all about it.
Only to find it years later when going through photos.
Plus my mom wanted the recipe. 🙂
And I plan on making it at Christmas as well.
First off this is called a salad. So it’s healthy. 😛
I’m not sure why we call things like this salad but we do.
When I visit the South I’m always in awe of what they consider a salad.
I mean, don’t get me wrong I’m all for it…who doesn’t love Snickers Salad (it’s a thing)?
At Thanksgiving my mom makes two things:
Cranberry Salad (not this one) that has jello, cut up cranberries, and celery. I hated it growing up but got used to it as I got older. I still am bothered by the celery.
She also makes Marshmallow Salad (aka 5 cup salad). As a kid I would freak out on her if she didn’t make it.
At Easter she started making this Lime Green Jello Salad which when she told me the ingredients I wanted to gag. Then I ate it. And to this day I rarely make it because I eat the whole thing in almost one sitting.
This Cranberry Marshmallow Jell-O Salad is a combo of the marshmallow salad, cranberry salad and Lime Green Jello Salad.
It turned out really well. So happy when my little experiments work out.
If you can’t find the Cranberry Sprite then just use regular Sprite.
Not a fan of marshmallows? This will work just fine without you folding them in.
They do make a Cranberry Jello.
I have never been able to find it so I use the combo of cherry and lemon which is what my mom uses for her cranberry salad which that recipe came out when there was no cranberry Jello.
If you can find the cranberry by all means feel free to use that instead.
I wish you all a happy American Thanksgiving and hope you get to spend it with the people you actually want to. 😀
Want more Jell-O recipes?
- 1 (3 ounce) package cherry Jell-o
- 1 (3 ounce) package lemon Jell-o
- 7 oz. jelled cranberry sauce
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, at room temperature
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 (15 ounce) can Mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can crush pineapple, drained
- 1 cup Cranberry Sprite (or lemon-lime soda)
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 1 1/2 mini marshmallows
- 1 (8 ounce) carton of Cool Whip, thawed, divided
- Dissolve Jello in water.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and vanilla until fluffy.
- Stir in Jello and jelled cranberry sauce and beat until smooth.
- Add pineapple, oranges, soda and pecans.
- Mix until incorporated.
- Chill the mixture in refrigerator for about 30-40 minutes, so that when you lift it with a spoon it is clumpy.
- Fold in ¾ of the Cool Whip and mini marshmallows.
- Pour into a 9-x-13-inch pan or Bundt pan.
- Refrigerate for 3-4 hours or until firm.
- Garnish with remaining Cool Whip.
- If serving in pan, will make about 16 squares for 9-x13 pan or about 8 for a Bundt.