Cherry Coke Float Jell-O Salad: Cherry Jell-O, cream cheese, vanilla ice cream, Coca-Cola, Cool Whip, and marshmallows make up this unusual but addictive Jell-O salad.
I’ve been on a Jell-O “salad” kick as of late.
The are easy and almost everyone enjoys them.
I went back and forth on this one as to whether I would put cherries into the salad.
Since I was going for a Cherry Coke Float flavor I decided to skip them.
Last minute I did put some maraschino cherries at the bottom of the Bundt pan but really they weren’t necessary.
I was super impatient and did not follow my own directions.
I rushed and did not wait for the Jell-O to set up a little before adding the whipped cream and marshmallows.
Because of that my marshmallows all went to the bottom.
Which is fine technically but I like it better when they are better evenly dispersed.
Why I rushed was I decided at like 2am I would make this and then was shocked when I was suddenly sleepy and not in the mood to sit and wait for 40 minutes.
The melted ice cream was a good addition as it really does help it taste more like a float.
- 1 (6 ounce) package Cherry Jell-O
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup melted vanilla ice cream
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 cup Coca-Cola
- 1 (8 ounce) carton of Cool Whip (or whipped cream)
- Dissolve Jell-O in water.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and vanilla ice cream until fluffy.
- Stir in Jello and beat until smooth. I usually put it in the blender to fully mix.
- Add the Coke and mix until incorporated.
- Chill the mixture in refrigerator for about 30-40 minutes, so that when you lift it with a spoon it is clumpy.
- Fold in the Cool Whip and mini marshmallows.
- Pour into a 9-x-13-inch pan or Bundt pan.
- Refrigerate for 3-4 hours or until firm.
- If serving in pan, will make about 16 squares for 9-x13 pan or about 8 for a Bundt.