These Black Cherry Spiced Rum and Cola Jelly Shots have Black cherry gelatin, Spiced Rum, and Cola for a tasty twist on a classic drink.
I was never a big rum fan.
There might have been an incident in college that made me no longer want to drink it for awhile. ðŸ˜€
But these Black Cherry Spiced Rum and Coke Jelly Shots changed my mind.
Oh sure, it is always fun in a Pina Colada or Daiquiri, but for the most part I stay clear of it.
So I avoided spiced rum for quite some time.
Then one day while at a bar the when the bartender asked me what I wanted I said “surprise me”.
Surprised I was, as what he handed me was Spiced Rum, cherry juice, and Coke.
I looked at him and thought not very exciting.
He told me to trust him.
It’s a good thing I did trust him because it was good.
Like really, really, really good.
I felt silly for avoiding spiced rum for so long.
Live and learn as they like to say.
So when it came time to invent Jelly Shots flavors for the hockey tournament I decided to turn that drink into Black Cherry Rum and Coke Jelly Shots.
This one went over really well.
I have to make them every year or else people complain and ask where they are.
I use Black Cherry gelatin which I can find at the store and online.
However, if you cannot find black cherry you could use regular cherry gelatin if need be.
You don’t need to add the gummy cola garnish but they are fun so why not?
Last but not least, it’s a great time to order my cookbook.
Want more Jelly Shots recipes? Try these:
- 2 1/2 cups Coke (or cola of your choice), divided
- 2 (3 oz) packages Black Cherry gelatin
- 1 1/2 cup Spiced Rum
- mini gummy cola for garnish (if desired)
- Bring 2 cups of Coke to a boil.
- Empty gelatin powder into a large mixing bowl and add the boiling Coke.
- Continue stirring for two minutes or until the jello is completely dissolved.
- Add in the remaining 1/2 cup Coke and 1 1/2 cups Spiced Rum.
- Stir until mixed and pour into 2oz. cups filled 1/2 to 3/4 of the way.
- Top withÂ gummy cola for garnish if desired.