This Halloween Candy Cracker Toffee is a fun and easy treat using crackers, butter, brown sugar, chocolate, and Halloween candy.
“This post and recipe was created for #HalloweenTreatsWeek!
I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies but as always opinions are 100% mine.”
In this post I used Dixie Crystals Sugar granulated sugar which was sent to me by Dixie for free for participating in #HalloweenTreatsWeek.
Well, it’s the last day of Halloween Treats Week.
I hope you have enjoyed not only my recipes but the other bloggers recipes as well.
Special thanks to Angie as always for putting on another great blogging event.
I end this week with Halloween Candy Cracker Toffee.
Now I won’t say it’s for leftover Halloween candy because everyone always says what leftover candy?
But around here we buy bags and bags of candy…and in four years have had a total of ZERO trick or treaters.
Our neighborhood is out in the sticks and does not have sidewalks or streetlights.
The houses are not that close together either.
So not exactly ideal for trick or treating.
But we buy candy all the same.
Therefore, we always have leftover candy.
And while I can always just eat it, I do try and make something with it.
Cracker toffee if you are not familiar with it is super easy to make yet super yummy.
Originally people used Saltine crackers but I like to use the butter (such as Club) crackers because well, they have more flavor.
More butter flavor.
Then some brown sugar and butter boiled up together.
Poured over the crackers.
Then baked for a few minutes.
Topped with chocolate.
And then you add whatever you want on top.
In this case Halloween candy.
Want More Cracker Toffee Recipes?
Check out all of these great #HalloweenTreatsWeek recipes for today
- Melted Witch Ice Cream from Big Bear’s Wife
- Blood Splatter Donuts from Semi Homemade Recipes
- Ghost Meringue Cookies from Jen Around the World
- Apple Cider Donut Whoopie Pies from Pint Sized Baker
- Graveyard Pudding Cups from Fresh April Flours
- Halloween Rice Krispie Treats from Devour Dinner
- Halloween Monster Donuts from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Witches’ Brew Whiskey Sour from The Redhead Baker
- Witches Hat Cheese Ball from 4 Sons ‘R’ Us
- Pumpkin Swirl Brownies from Eat Move Make
- Layered Halloween Jello from from House of Nash Eats
- Mummy Wrapped Brie from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Mummy Cupcakes from The Flour Handprint
- Spider Cake from Baking Up Memories
- Halloween Candy Cracker Toffee from Sweet ReciPEAs
- Old Fashioned Apple Fritters from It’s Shanaka
- Pumpkin Mint Patties from Sweet Beginnings
- Butterfinger Ice Cream (No-Churn) from Pastry Chef Online
- Chocolate Frogs from The Spiffy Cookie
- Halloween Cupcake Treat Board from Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Melted Witch Icebox Cake from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Skull Cake from Lemon Blossoms
- Halloween Brownie Pizza from Back To My Southern Roots
- Halloween Mini Bat Taco Cheeseballs from Savory Moments
- 1 cup salted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- Club House Crackers (enough crackers to make a layer on a cookie sheet about 1 1/2 sleeves)
- 12 oz. chocolate chips
- 3 cups chopped up Halloween candy of your choice
Bring the butter and brown sugar to a boil in a saucepan and simmer it for about 5 minutes.
Put a layer of crackers on the cookie sheet, close together.
Pour the brown sugar mixture over the crackers and bake for about 6-10 minutes (I do the 10) at 350F.
Remove and immediately pour the chocolate chips over the crackers, evenly distributing them.
Put back in oven for 1 minute.
Remove from oven and let it sit for about 30 seconds.
Then with the back of a spatula I move the chocolate chips just a little bit. I wait another 30 seconds and repeat.
I start to slowly move the chocolate around being careful not to move the crackers.
I let is sit for another 30 seconds and at this point it pretty much spreads like frosting.
Place the candy either random or strategically on top of the chocolate layer.
Push slightly down on the candy so it will stay in place.
Let it set up in freezer for about and hour and then break into pieces.
Welcome!!! It is almost Halloween which means it is time for this year’s #HalloweenTreatsWeek recipe and giveaway event!!
#HalloweenTreatsWeek is a yearly Halloween blogging event that is hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife & its a creepy and haunting week-long event is filled with some amazingly wicked Halloween treats, recipes and some frightfully fun giveaways.
“When witches go riding, and black cats are seen, the moon laughs and whispers ‘tis near Halloween.”
For the 4th annual #HalloweenTreatsWeek event we have 28 hauntingly talented bloggers that are sharing their favorite Halloween recipes throughout the week!
Follow the hashtag #HalloweenTreatsWeek on social media and look at the bottom of each post to see all of the Halloween recipes that we’re sharing!
Prize #1 from Dixie Crystals
41 Pieces Silicone Bakeware Set
3 Piece Halloween Silicone Spatula Set
Nordic Ware Haunted Skull Cakelet Pan
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsor to winner, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from October 11th – October 15th at 11:59PM EST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 1 (ONE) prize pack and therefore we will have a total of 1 (ONE) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #HalloweenTreatsWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing brand sponsors: Dixie Crystals that provided a prize pack for our giveaways and also sent some samples and products to the #HalloweenTreatsWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.