These Rainbow Sherbet Sandwich Cookies have a raspberry, lime, and orange swirled cookie with Rainbow Sherbet filling in the middle.
“This post and recipe was created for #SummerDessertWeek! I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies but as always opinions, bad grammar, and overuse of emoji’s are 100% mine.”
For this particular post I used Dixie Crystals Sugar which I received for free to use in this recipe but no financial compensation was provided.
Well, it’s the last day of Summer Dessert Week.
I hope you enjoyed it.
For my last sweet treat I made Rainbow Sherbet Sandwich Cookies.
Which as you can see were made to look like rainbow sherbet.
The cookies are a simple sugar cookie that have a raspberry sherbet flavoring, a lime sherbet flavoring, and a orange sherbet flavoring.
Where I bought my flavorings is linked in the recipe.
If you don’t want to buy them you can just get rainbow sherbet flavoring which is used in the filling.
I just felt like doing the separate flavors for the cookie part for some reason.
Like I mentioned the filling uses a rainbow sherbet flavoring.
You can actually buy that a lot of places but I linked where I got mine in the recipe.
These are a lot of fun to make and are a great summer time treat.
P.S. It’s a great day to buy my cookbook Holy Sweet!
- For the Cookies:
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter softened
- 3/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp raspberry sherbet flavoring
- 1/2 tsp lime sherbet flavoring
- 1/2 tsp orange sherbet flavoring
- pink, green, and orange food gel
- For the Filling:
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 5 drops Rainbow Sherbet flavoring
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- milk to thin
- For the Cookies:
- Usings stand mixer, cream the butter and sugar together.
- Add the egg and vanilla and beat on medium speed until mixed well, scraping the sides as needed.
- Add the flour and nutmeg.
- Mix just until combined (scraping down the sides once). Be careful not to overmix.
- Divide the dough into three equal parts and put into three separate bowls.
- Add pink food gel to one of the bowls and raspberry sorbet flavoring and mix until dough is pink.
- Add green food gel to one of the bowls and lime sherbet flavoring mix until dough is green.
- Add orange food gel to one of the bowls and orange sherbet flavoring and mix until dough is orange.
- Take pieces of each color of the dough and form small logs. Do that a few times until no dough is left. Then mold all the small rolls into one large log about 8-10" long.
- Press the log tightly together so that there are no air pockets in the cookie dough.
- Place a long sheet of plastic wrap on the counter or table.
- Wrap the dough in the plastic wrap and refrigerate the dough for at least 2 hours.
- Heat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Remove the cookie dough from the refrigerator and unwrap it.
- Using a sharp knife, cut slices off the cookie dough log. Cut the slices 1/4" thick or a little less.
- Place the cookie dough slices on a baking sheet with a silicone mat (or lightly grease the cookie sheet).
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or just until the cookies are set. Don't allow them to brown.
- Allow the cookies to cool for 3-5 minutes on the baking sheet, then remove them to wire racks to cool completely.
- For the Filling:
- Place the vegetable shortening and rainbow sherbet flavoring in a medium bowl.
- Beat with a mixer on high speed until light and fluffy.
- With the mixer on low speed add the powdered sugar one cup at a time. Thin with milk as you go along.
- Match up the cookies best you can with size and shape.
- Spread some of the icing onto half of the cooled cookies; sandwich each with another cookie.
Check out the amazing #SummerDessertWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
Welcome to this year’s #SummerDessertWeek event hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife.
You’re going to be in for a treat this year because we have 28 blogs/bloggers creating summer themed dessert recipes all week! We’re sharing them with the hashtag #SummerDessertWeek on social media and you’ll find some of the links in this post as well. Plus, we also have some great giveaways for you this week thanks to our amazing sponsors!
Scroll down to take a look!
Dixie Crystals is giving away 1 (one) 4.2 Quart (4 Liter) Electric Air Fryer
Circulon is giving away a TOTAL BAKEWARE 6-Piece Nonstick Bakeware Set – Two 9-Inch Round Cake Pans, 9-Inch Square Cake Pan, 9-Inch x 5-Inch Loaf Pan, 9-Inch x 13-Inch Rectangular Cake Pan, 10-Inch x 15-Inch Cookie Pan
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older.
All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from July 26th until July 31st at 11:59PMEST. Winners will be selected soon afterwards and contacted by e-mail.
Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 2 (two) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 2 (two) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week long event, #SummerDessertWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals and Circulon. These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #SummerDessertWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.