Chocolate Candied Orange Peel Sour Cream Muffins: Start the day right with these soft and crumbly sour cream muffins studded with candied orange peel and milk chocolate chips.
You haven’t seen me much on Instagram and Facebook, I forgot to send the Wednesday email last week, didn’t do Tipsy Tuesday this week, and I’ve only made two things.
I needed a break and then I got sick.
But I’m starting to feel better so I wanted to make something easy.
Muffins and quick breads are the definition of easy.
So to easy back into baking I made these muffins.
I always have chocolate chips but I had some leftover candied orange peel from my Chocolate Orange Frosted Vanilla Malted Cake.
Which if you haven’t made that cake yet…you should.
So I had this leftover candied orange peel from the cake and had no idea what I was going to do with it.
I almost just dipped them chocolate which is super yum.
But into the muffins they went.
My husband really liked them because the candied orange peel isn’t too sweet and it’s a nice contrast to the milk chocolate.
Hope the new year is treating you all well.
Chocolate Candied Orange Peel Sour Cream Muffins
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 eggs
- ¾ tsp. baking soda
- ¾ tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 and ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 and ¼ cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup candied orange peel, chopped finely
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cream the butter and sugar until soft about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add in the vanilla.
- Add in the eggs one at a time and mix until each is incorporated.
- In a separate, mix together the flour, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Add the flour mixture and the sour cream alternately to the egg-butter mixture in the additions.
- Start with the flour and end with the flour.
- Scrape the bowl occasionally.
- Fold the chocolate chips and candied orange peel into the batter.
- Portion the muffin batter into greased tins (I use an ice cream scoop).
- Depending on the size of your tins, you should get about 14 to 16 muffins.
- Bake them for approx. 22-24 minutes until they are golden brown and spring back when touched.
Leave a Reply