Milk Chocolate Gingerbread Fudge: Creamy milk chocolate fudge infused with gingerbread spices and filled with pieces of chopped up gingerbread man cookies.
While I love gingerbread with citrus I also love it with chocolate.
I know there are lots of different tastes when it comes to chocolate.
So if ever there is a recipe that is used with milk chocolate and you want to go semisweet I say go for it.
A few months ago a Sprouts opened up not too far from me.
If you don’t know what Sprouts is it’s kind of like a Trader Joe’s.
They carry a lot of natural foods type things and they carry their own brands.
When I lived in Phoenix I went to them often.
But the first on in WA state just opened up.
Anyway, I grabbed a bag of their gingerbread man cookies.
Yeah. Those were the best ones I have ever had store bought.
For a few seconds I thought these would taste great dipped in chocolate.
Then it hit me…duh, Milk Chocolate Gingerbread Fudge.
The fun sprinkles that are on top come from Sweets and Treats.
Back when we had the Halloween Treats Week they were one of the sponsors who sent us something.
I knew I wasn’t making anything for Halloween week so I asked for Christmas ones.
They are super fun and they have a ton of super cute sprinkles.
Keys to Successful Fudge:
Have a thermometer.
I don’t like the old fashioned ones that you clip to the side. Those never work for me. I like digital and use this one.
Use Baker’s sugar. Also known as caster or superfine sugar.
I don’t always follow my own rule because I don’t always have it on hand but it makes for a less gritty fudge.
Use good butter. Preferably European.
They higher the butterfat content the better. Cheaper butter often has too much water in it and will cause your fudge to separate.
Same goes for your chocolate. The cheaper the chocolate the more likely it is to separate.
Want more Gingerbread Recipes?
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 oz. unsalted butter
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp. gingerbread spice
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 7-ounce jar marshmallow crème
- 1 cup crushed gingerbread men cookies
- holiday sprinkles if desired
- Line an 8×8 inch pan with parchment with an overhang so you can lift the fudge out later and coat with baking spray.
- Combine sugar, butter, and heavy cream into a large heavy bottomed sauce pan and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Once boiling, attach a candy thermometer and reduce the heat to a hair above medium low and cook for 7-10 minutes until your thermometer reads 234°F (soft ball stage) , stirring constantly.
- Once you reach 234F remove from heat and add the milk chocolate and gingerbread spice stirring vigorously with a wooden spoon until the chocolate has melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Add the marshmallow crème and mix until well blended.
- Fold in the gingerbread cookies.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Top with sprinkles if desired.
- Let cool to room temperature.
- Then lift out of the pan and onto a cutting board.
- Cut into whatever amount you want.