Snickerdoodle Cookie Dough Truffle Fudge: Snickerdoodle flavored fudge filled with mini Snickerdoodle cookie dough truffles turns a favorite cookie into candy form.
Like I said in the Sweet Tea fudge post…sometimes certain things just remind me of people.
My BFF and I have bonded over our mutual love of all things Snickerdoodle. Well, we have bonded over a lot of things but Snickerdoodles is one of them.
She gets very excited when I make Snickerdoodle anything on this blog and was one of those people hoping I would make an all Snickerdoodle cookbook. But alas, no publishers have been knocking down my door so that won’t be happening anytime soon. 🙂
After I made the Milk and Cookies Fudge I decided I needed to do a Snickerdoodle version. And then I didn’t make one.
I’ve made a couple versions now of Snickerdoodle fudge…none of which have made it onto this blog.
Originally because I had planned on doing an all-fudge E-book but then didn’t. 🙂
I thought about putting crushed up Snickerdoodle cookies in this but then decided against it. I really like to be able to have a smooth cut of fudge for some reason. But feel free to if you like.
This fudge turned out just like I thought it would…which is a good thing because I think I finally found a version I am happy with. 🙂
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 oz. unsalted butter
- ½ tsp. fresh ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp. cream of tartar
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup cinnamon chips
- 7 oz. jar marshmallow crème
- 30 mini Snickerdoodle Cookie Dough Truffles (link to recipe at the bottom of this recipe)
- Cinnamon sugar (garnish)
- Line an 8×8 inch pan with parchment with an overhang so you can lift the fudge out later and coat with baking spray.
- Scatter half the cookie dough truffles at the bottom of the pan. Set aside.
- Combine sugar, butter, heavy cream, nutmeg, and cream of tartar into a large heavy bottomed sauce pan and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Once boiling, attach a candy thermometer and reduce the heat to a hair above medium low and cook for 7-10 minutes until your thermometer reads 234°F (soft ball stage) , stirring constantly.
- Once you reach 234F remove from heat and add the white chocolate chips and cinnamon chips, stirring vigorously with a wooden spoon until the chocolate has melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Add the marshmallow crème and mix until well blended.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Add the remaining cookie dough truffle pieces.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Let cool to room temperature. Then lift out of the pan and onto a cutting board. Cut into whatever amount you want. I got 24.
For the Snickerdoodle Cookie Dough Truffles…go here.