I have sugar cookie dough. Tons and tons of sugar cookie dough. I made circus cookies the other day and had a ton of cookie dough left over from that(and that was after making 180 animal cookies). So I wrapped it up in to 4 balls and stored it in the fridge vowing to do something with it later this week. Well my dough is mulitplying, I am quite sure of it. I keep going to the fridge to see if I can hear Barry White music in the background because my sugar cookie dough is multiplying. No lie, I have made two more things using the dough….and yet the same amount seems to still be there. It is never going to go away. Perhaps my sugar cookie dough is like a lizards tail, pull some off, and more just grows back.
Anyway, in needing to use up some of my magic, reproducing dough I decided to do something with it for SHF. This months theme is Surprise, Surprise. I will admit that I went pretty boring with this one but they are quite tasty. Buttery sugar cookie dough with creamy Nutella is definately a winning combo.
Nutella Ravioli Cookies
1 (18 ounce) package of refrigerated sugar cookie dough(for the time challenged)
18 ounces fresh sugar cookie dough-this is what I used(if you need a recipe look at my circus cookies)
1/2 cup Nutella spread
3 TBSP white chocolate chips
3 TBSP chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350F
2. Roll out cookie dough to about a 1/4 inch
3. Using a cookie cutter or a glass dipped in flour, cut out rounds. (I used a 2 3/4 inch round cookie cutter.).
4. Using a piping bag or plastic bag with the end snipped off, pipe about 1/2 teaspoon of Nutella into the center of each round.
5. Fold rounds over to create half moon shapes and gently seal edges.
6. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 9-10 minutes.
7. Remove to racks and cool completely.
8. When cookies are completely cooled, melt chocolate chips in microwave (about 1 minute.).
9. Remove and using a fork, drizzle chocolate over cookies.
10. Repeat steps 8 and 9 with white chocolate chips.
THIS RECIPE COMES FROM MY NEIGHBOR WHO MADE THESE FOR YEARS BUT A VERY FULL OF HERSELF WOMAN WOULD LIKE CREDIT SO LET’S ALL GIVE HER SOME. So these cookies came from Here where my neighbor must have stolen it from even though she has been making them longer than what the recipe is dated.